Monday, April 30, 2007

Jaw dropping....

0306hrs: Ok, I know it's late and I should be in bed. But I just had to post this. You can only appreciate this video if you know the complexities of flying a helicopter. A chopper is much different from an aircraft. If you took your hands off the controls in an aircraft, the plane will perhaps gently lose altitude and slowly lift again when it reaches the end of it's dive. If you let go of the controls in a chopper however, it's tantamount to suicide. The chopper will just fall out of the sky. Flying a chopper is a constant balancing act between the collective, cyclic and tail rotor. All these controls must work in concert to achieve stable flight. So now do you understand why I think this video is amazing? Granted that it's an RC model but all the control principles are still the same. It's still a balancing act and this fella has got it down real good.


AMAZING!

0311hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home