I'm coping it seems...
2206hrs: Alone is how I've spent my weekends the last few months. A movie on Saturday with some shopping thrown in. Swimming perhaps if there isn't anything worth watching in the theatres. Sundays are spent with tuition and bumming or reading after. Loneliness it seems hasn't gotten to me. I haven't turned weird from the lack of socialising. My outlook on life isn't depressed. I'm....fine. I'm still able to socialise with new people at work. I may not like not having people to hang out with on weekends but I'm comfortable. But I can't figure out why. Perhaps the socialising at work is substituting the lack of friends in my personal life. Perhaps it's cause I'm still enjoying my weekends even though it's alone cause I'm doing things I enjoy.
But the recent Saturday did get to me though. I really do need a new group of friends to hang out with. I need to continuously hone my social skills lest I end up weird somehow. I maybe comfortable being alone now but how long can it last? If I had a choice I'd rather have good friends to hang out with. Shoot some pool, catch a movie or two. I miss having people to hang out with.
Arrgghh...enough about my lacking social life....
I bought a couple of books this week. I've finally finished Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising. I was quite hopeless during the week cause I've run out of things to read during lunch time. So I ended up buying a book on the Iraq war. Actually, the book was just a short term solution until I could get my hands on the next novel. Which I managed yesterday. Seeing the trailer for 'The Bourne Ultimatum' has inspired me to read the Bourne series of books. So I went out and purchased 'The Bourne Idenity & Supremacy'. I do seem to enjoy espionage based thrillers and I expect to love these two books. I'll buy the rest of the Bourne series if these two are as good as I've been told.

I hope these books are as good as they say

The Iraq war can take the bench for now
I quite enjoyed Red Storm Rising. It was centred around the Cold War that never happened. The Cold War was like the biggest party of the century that everyone got really spiffily dressed up for but never happened. The herculean amount of resources sunk into weapons systems that were meant for a war which never happened would've probably wiped hunger off the face of the Earth by now. Red Storm Rising was a scenario of Soviet armour tearing through West Germany. The nightmare of every US and NATO general for 30 years until the collapse of the Soviet Union. As good as RSR was, the best part wasn't about the Russians going up against NATO. It was the invasion of Iceland that caught me. I quite enjoyed the many mentions of that Nordic island. So much so it inspired me to find out about it. Iceland sounds like a nice place to settle down. I can imagine having a nice wooden cabin there. With just two snow dogs for company. A Husky and a Samoyed I'll name Wolfie and Bear respectively(unimaginative, I know). I think it'll be pretty nice cuddled up with two fluff balls in the middle of winter. The four month long nights would be pretty cool too.
I want to visit Iceland!
Loneliness, it'll get to me some day but not now.....@ 2239hrs
But the recent Saturday did get to me though. I really do need a new group of friends to hang out with. I need to continuously hone my social skills lest I end up weird somehow. I maybe comfortable being alone now but how long can it last? If I had a choice I'd rather have good friends to hang out with. Shoot some pool, catch a movie or two. I miss having people to hang out with.
Arrgghh...enough about my lacking social life....
I bought a couple of books this week. I've finally finished Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising. I was quite hopeless during the week cause I've run out of things to read during lunch time. So I ended up buying a book on the Iraq war. Actually, the book was just a short term solution until I could get my hands on the next novel. Which I managed yesterday. Seeing the trailer for 'The Bourne Ultimatum' has inspired me to read the Bourne series of books. So I went out and purchased 'The Bourne Idenity & Supremacy'. I do seem to enjoy espionage based thrillers and I expect to love these two books. I'll buy the rest of the Bourne series if these two are as good as I've been told.

I hope these books are as good as they say

The Iraq war can take the bench for now
I quite enjoyed Red Storm Rising. It was centred around the Cold War that never happened. The Cold War was like the biggest party of the century that everyone got really spiffily dressed up for but never happened. The herculean amount of resources sunk into weapons systems that were meant for a war which never happened would've probably wiped hunger off the face of the Earth by now. Red Storm Rising was a scenario of Soviet armour tearing through West Germany. The nightmare of every US and NATO general for 30 years until the collapse of the Soviet Union. As good as RSR was, the best part wasn't about the Russians going up against NATO. It was the invasion of Iceland that caught me. I quite enjoyed the many mentions of that Nordic island. So much so it inspired me to find out about it. Iceland sounds like a nice place to settle down. I can imagine having a nice wooden cabin there. With just two snow dogs for company. A Husky and a Samoyed I'll name Wolfie and Bear respectively(unimaginative, I know). I think it'll be pretty nice cuddled up with two fluff balls in the middle of winter. The four month long nights would be pretty cool too.
I want to visit Iceland!
Loneliness, it'll get to me some day but not now.....@ 2239hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home