Two wheeled mayhem
2212hrs: So I finally signed up for a motorcycle license today. It feels so surreal. Much like the day I got my driver's license. It's something while growing up you always thought sounded so far away until the day finally comes. Sometimes I still can't believe the traffic police deem me legal to be on the roads. Although they don't have any reason to think otherwise...nopes...none at all.
Getting a motorcycle license just seems a natural step after bicycles. I'm sure I'll be quite amused when I'm on the bike going 50kmh without peddling like a madman. I'm sure that'll be quite an experience. Another reason for the license is on the off chance that I actually manage to afford a Harley, at least I'll have the license to ride it. It takes 3 years to obtain a license to ride a big engined bike like a Harley. So I'll be 25 by the time I get there. Who knows? I might even be crazy enough to get a Ducati, Yamaha R1 or even a Repsol coloured Honda Fireblade. But those dream machines will come much much later.
My first bike is gonna be something like this....

no...actually it's exactly like this. It's a KTM 250 EXC. I've wanted one for the longest time. It's just that agressive, focused look of a dirtbike that I find so alluring. Those tall front dampening forks, the knobbly tires and the tall stance of the bike. Not to mention it's eagerness to accelerate cause of it's super light weight. I just love it! I admit my love for dirtbikes is heavily influenced by my older brother. He owned 3 of them simulatneously. The first was a crappy Honda that isn't worth mentioning but the second and third were pretty cool. Of course the coolest was the third bike. The KTM 250. It's bright neon orange body panels just makes it look so cool. And then there's the helmet. I just love those dirtbike helmets cause they look so much like Darth Vader's. Hmm...I'm beginning to see a pattern here. The fighter pilot's helmet was also the reason I got into fighter jets. I guess I just love the sinister guise that the helmets portray.

I mean honestly, how cool does this look?

And this!

Now who says you can't fly without wings?

Flying without wings
Yes, I know how dangerous bikes are. I am well aware of it. You can't turn a page in the newspaper every other day without reading bout some poor bloke who got himself wrapped around a tree, divider or other potentially lethal immobile objects on the side of the road. I know the risks and I accept the risks. You only live once and riding a bike is something I want to do at least once in my life to know how it's like. God knows I love speed machines be it the four wheeled, two wheeled or winged kind. My Aunts are protesting but they know they can't really stop me. But I did tell them in all honesty that whether I own a bike or not still isn't certain. Then again, seeing the KTM in all it's glory makes me quite certain. But the price of that Austrian beauty has more zeroes than I can afford now. No harm working towards something right?



I don't know which one's gonna be my baby yet but I'm sure it's one of the above
I'm gonna start off with my theory tests first before I move on to practical lessons. If all goes well, I hope to get the license by June or latest, July. I can't wait to start my first bike lesson. I think it's gonna be quite fun. Heh...
You know how I've been on my bicycle. Now imagine the same thing with 50BHP tossed in! @ 2237hrs
Getting a motorcycle license just seems a natural step after bicycles. I'm sure I'll be quite amused when I'm on the bike going 50kmh without peddling like a madman. I'm sure that'll be quite an experience. Another reason for the license is on the off chance that I actually manage to afford a Harley, at least I'll have the license to ride it. It takes 3 years to obtain a license to ride a big engined bike like a Harley. So I'll be 25 by the time I get there. Who knows? I might even be crazy enough to get a Ducati, Yamaha R1 or even a Repsol coloured Honda Fireblade. But those dream machines will come much much later.
My first bike is gonna be something like this....

no...actually it's exactly like this. It's a KTM 250 EXC. I've wanted one for the longest time. It's just that agressive, focused look of a dirtbike that I find so alluring. Those tall front dampening forks, the knobbly tires and the tall stance of the bike. Not to mention it's eagerness to accelerate cause of it's super light weight. I just love it! I admit my love for dirtbikes is heavily influenced by my older brother. He owned 3 of them simulatneously. The first was a crappy Honda that isn't worth mentioning but the second and third were pretty cool. Of course the coolest was the third bike. The KTM 250. It's bright neon orange body panels just makes it look so cool. And then there's the helmet. I just love those dirtbike helmets cause they look so much like Darth Vader's. Hmm...I'm beginning to see a pattern here. The fighter pilot's helmet was also the reason I got into fighter jets. I guess I just love the sinister guise that the helmets portray.

I mean honestly, how cool does this look?

And this!

Now who says you can't fly without wings?

Flying without wings
Yes, I know how dangerous bikes are. I am well aware of it. You can't turn a page in the newspaper every other day without reading bout some poor bloke who got himself wrapped around a tree, divider or other potentially lethal immobile objects on the side of the road. I know the risks and I accept the risks. You only live once and riding a bike is something I want to do at least once in my life to know how it's like. God knows I love speed machines be it the four wheeled, two wheeled or winged kind. My Aunts are protesting but they know they can't really stop me. But I did tell them in all honesty that whether I own a bike or not still isn't certain. Then again, seeing the KTM in all it's glory makes me quite certain. But the price of that Austrian beauty has more zeroes than I can afford now. No harm working towards something right?



I don't know which one's gonna be my baby yet but I'm sure it's one of the above
I'm gonna start off with my theory tests first before I move on to practical lessons. If all goes well, I hope to get the license by June or latest, July. I can't wait to start my first bike lesson. I think it's gonna be quite fun. Heh...
You know how I've been on my bicycle. Now imagine the same thing with 50BHP tossed in! @ 2237hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home