What do you do on a Saturday?
0137hrs: I woke up pretty late today(or was it yesterday?). Saturdays are the only days I get to sleep in. Cause I have to spend Sundays re-calibrating my bio-clock. After lunch I spent the late afternoon agonising over if I should go swimming, cycling or just stay home. Well I agonised over it for so long that by the time I decided, there wasn't much daylight left to do anything. However, I was suppose to spend Saturday packing the house. Especially my room. But I spent it messing about with my computer.
My friends recently told me something I should've known. Both of them advised me to stop being so desperate. I hadn't realised I was being desperate but according to them, I've been like that since my sec school days. I don't mean to be and I don't know why I'm like that. But I'd like to curb it by filling my time up with things I wanna do. I do plan to get my bike license by the end of the year. But I can't start with that till my finances are a little more stable. I hope to start by May though. My friend's offer on being my piano teacher is still good but I still can't afford a piano and I doubt I can afford the time. Realistically, I think I can only start after my exams. I should've saved enough for a piano and lessons by then. If I take my studies seriously, it should keep me from any skirt chasing for awhile.
My PC went nuts over the week. But it was(thankfully) a simple problem. My PC has been doing some intermittent ghost typing the last couple of months. It would seem like the 'Enter' key is being held down so it was impossible to do anything. On another occasion, it was the 'Backspace' key that was held down. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to type when what you've typed gets erased off almost instantly. So I went down to Sim Lim after work on Friday and got myself a $22 Logitech keyboard. Whoila! Problem solved! But the new keyboard seems slightly lower angled than the previous one so I'm still trying to get used to it. For $22, it's not too bad. The keys are 'soft touch' which means they don't make too much noise when you're banging furiously on the keys. Oh, another cool feature is that it's spill resistant and it's black. I like black.

I know I know....a keyboard's just a keyboard but I couldn't help putting up a picture
Finally! I've finally gotten myself a thumbdrive. Even though I haven't really figured out what I'm gonna do with it yet. But I'm sure it'll come in useful. My cousin got one for me at $55 from the IT fair she visited. I just find it amazing that something smaller than my thumb has the same hard disk space as my very first computer. Yes, it's a 2GB thumbdrive. It comes with a cool looking metal titanium coloured casing and the USB socket slips back into the casing itself eliminating the need for a cover. Oh, and the 'activity' light is blue! So it fits perfectly with my PC's theme. Hahaha....although the black casing with blue lights theme on my PC wasn't intentional it does look cool though. It's amazing how far I've come from my first HP PC that cost $4000 in 1996. The specs were pathetic compared to my current system.

I can't get over how small the thing really is
Old HP Pavillion (1996)
Processor: Pentium 166mHz
Memory: 128MB
Hard Disk: 2GB
Graphics Card: ???
Sound Card: ???
Current PC
Processor: Pentium 4 2.66mHz Dual Core
Memory: 1024MB
Hard Disk: Combined 710GB on 3 separate HDDs
Graphics Card: nVidia Geforce 7600GT 256MB
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Platinum
It's amazing isn't it? All this performance at half the price of my first PC. Soon I'll be boosting my RAM up to 2GBs. The same size as my first PC's HDD. I just can't get over the price and performance difference.
It's getting really late. I'm gonna finish the last few swigs of my Barcardi Lime and head off to bed. It's too late to talk about IT stuff right now.
Quiet is the night @ 0228hrs
My friends recently told me something I should've known. Both of them advised me to stop being so desperate. I hadn't realised I was being desperate but according to them, I've been like that since my sec school days. I don't mean to be and I don't know why I'm like that. But I'd like to curb it by filling my time up with things I wanna do. I do plan to get my bike license by the end of the year. But I can't start with that till my finances are a little more stable. I hope to start by May though. My friend's offer on being my piano teacher is still good but I still can't afford a piano and I doubt I can afford the time. Realistically, I think I can only start after my exams. I should've saved enough for a piano and lessons by then. If I take my studies seriously, it should keep me from any skirt chasing for awhile.
My PC went nuts over the week. But it was(thankfully) a simple problem. My PC has been doing some intermittent ghost typing the last couple of months. It would seem like the 'Enter' key is being held down so it was impossible to do anything. On another occasion, it was the 'Backspace' key that was held down. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to type when what you've typed gets erased off almost instantly. So I went down to Sim Lim after work on Friday and got myself a $22 Logitech keyboard. Whoila! Problem solved! But the new keyboard seems slightly lower angled than the previous one so I'm still trying to get used to it. For $22, it's not too bad. The keys are 'soft touch' which means they don't make too much noise when you're banging furiously on the keys. Oh, another cool feature is that it's spill resistant and it's black. I like black.

I know I know....a keyboard's just a keyboard but I couldn't help putting up a picture
Finally! I've finally gotten myself a thumbdrive. Even though I haven't really figured out what I'm gonna do with it yet. But I'm sure it'll come in useful. My cousin got one for me at $55 from the IT fair she visited. I just find it amazing that something smaller than my thumb has the same hard disk space as my very first computer. Yes, it's a 2GB thumbdrive. It comes with a cool looking metal titanium coloured casing and the USB socket slips back into the casing itself eliminating the need for a cover. Oh, and the 'activity' light is blue! So it fits perfectly with my PC's theme. Hahaha....although the black casing with blue lights theme on my PC wasn't intentional it does look cool though. It's amazing how far I've come from my first HP PC that cost $4000 in 1996. The specs were pathetic compared to my current system.

I can't get over how small the thing really is
Old HP Pavillion (1996)
Processor: Pentium 166mHz
Memory: 128MB
Hard Disk: 2GB
Graphics Card: ???
Sound Card: ???
Current PC
Processor: Pentium 4 2.66mHz Dual Core
Memory: 1024MB
Hard Disk: Combined 710GB on 3 separate HDDs
Graphics Card: nVidia Geforce 7600GT 256MB
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Platinum
It's amazing isn't it? All this performance at half the price of my first PC. Soon I'll be boosting my RAM up to 2GBs. The same size as my first PC's HDD. I just can't get over the price and performance difference.
It's getting really late. I'm gonna finish the last few swigs of my Barcardi Lime and head off to bed. It's too late to talk about IT stuff right now.
Quiet is the night @ 0228hrs
1 Comments:
Way to go.
That's the way to think Ben.
Go for it.
Post a Comment
<< Home