Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Was it really you?

2152hrs: The trip home was a little strange today. For the first time my internal facial recognition software failed me. I was on the train home today when I noticed that I was standing in front of someone who looked awfully familiar. I thought I saw Ada. But at the same time it didn't look like her. I mean this girl's hair was a little shorter and the dress sense just didnt' seem like her. But the face! In my mind I swear it was Ada. I just wasn't sure. Ada and I recently agreed that if we ever saw each other again, we'll walk up to the other to say 'hi'. So if the girl I saw really was Ada, then whatever Ada said was bullcrap.

Please don't assume that this entry is inspired by any latent feelings I might have for Ada. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I have had nothing for that girl since I was 17. I am just very confused about the person I saw today. Cause I was 90% sure that it was Ada. Maybe the girl was how Ada would look if she were out of focus. Maybe my fatigued state led my mind to automatically photoshop the image and sharpend it up to look like a person I was familiar with.

I know that out of 6 billion people living on this rock, we're bound to find someone who's facial features are identical to our own. But what are the chances of finding a 'twin' in a population of 4 million that is Singapore?

I still think that the person I saw was Ada. I'm good at recognising people and I don't believe that I can get someone who was a significant part of my teenage years wrong. If it really was Ada, I would say she looked better 3 months ago when I saw her at Mark's wedding. Cause she just looked so drab today.

Utterly....utterly...confused @ 2210hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home