Tuesday, February 06, 2007

We've got brown cow!

2138hrs:No....I'm not talking bout Mr Brown's famous catch phrase. I've FINALLY gotten myself a new pair of shoes. The old pair is horribly worn and it's falling apart inside out, LITEREALLY! I'll show you pictures of it's bad shape but it's too stinky to put on my table to take proper pictures. But just believe me when I tell you they're worn. They've served me well for the last 3 years or so but it's time to retire them. Actually, my old shoes were probably a bad choice. They're meant for hiking and walking in rough terrain and it comes with a steel plate embedded in the sole. Which pretty much eradicates most of the shock absorbtion. My soles(especially the heels) always hurt if I stand or walk in the shoes for too long. But the one thing I loved about the shoes was the Adidas's Climacool system. The shoe is extremely well ventilated with holes everywhere to provide full 360 degrees of unrestricted airflow around your foot. Of course the down side is that if you're ever caught in the rain, be prepared to go squishing around in wet socks. I personally would rather put up with the occasional wet socks than constant burning feet.

Being a big fan of the Climacool technology, I wanted my replacement shoes to have the same system. Unfortunately, the ones that have the Climacool system come in horrible colour schemes. It was either Olive Green, Grey or bright Yellow. I've had enough of Olive Green in my army days thank you and I refuse to let that horrid shade of green encroach into my peaceful civilian existence. So that's why I've taken so long to get a new pair of shoes. It was just impossible to find a pair of sports shoes in a colour I like. It was my third time in the same shop today. I did see a couple of sports shoes that I liked but they didn't have it in my size. I wear a size 12, yeah BIG FEET, I know. Which explains why I walk into things and step on people's toes so often. Finally I decided to just go for extreme comfort and worry bout the sports shoes later when Adidas comes up with something better. So I settled on a pair of Adidas Mactelo Lace. I quite like the soft brown leather shoes. It goes with most of my wardrobe, which is important. It's extremely comfortable to walk in and it doesn't hurt that it looks like a pair of racing shoes. Wearing it just makes me itch for some heel and toe action(fancy footwork for driving).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
SGD$108 worth of brown cow

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm just so in love with the classic looking brown leather....heh

I will still get my sports shoes cause I do need a pair for cycling and so on. But for now, I desperately need my current pair replaced. So the Mactelo Lace is justified. Perhaps I'll pop by the shop again next month for my sports shoes. For now, I'm happy with this pair.

I love ma new shoes...heh....@ 2203hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home