Thursday, January 25, 2007

Fever

2305hrs: I've been running a fever the last two nights. Been bundling myself up in my yellow jacket in the office and zipping it all the way up. Even while everyone else was complaining the aircon was warm. Came home last night from work with a fever. Had dinner, took the meds and went to bed straight. I was out cold for 9 hours. I was about to doze off when I remembered that Jus was going for surgery the next morning at 8am. I got out of bed, sent him an sms and promised to pray for him. Which I didn't. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow thanks to the drowsy meds. Woke up this morning hoping to see my best pal in good condition in the evening. I was worried. I was really worried that things might go wrong with the surgery. Why was I so worried? Well, considering the surgeon was gonna cut into my best friend's cranium, yeah that scared me a little. I've never lost a friend this way before and I don't want to start anytime soon. But I was relieved to see Jus at the hospital recovering from the afternoon's surgery. I even brought my Calvin & Hobbes comic for him to read(even though I said I'll never lend it to anyone). I didn't have much to offer him but I just thought he'll like the book a lot more than whatever else I can get him. I almost wanted to cry when I saw him lying there in the hospital bed in the 'High Dependency Ward' which was just a fancy name for ICU. I was just relieved to see him ok. The doctor says the surgery was a success and he's gonna be fine in a few days. He'll be in the hospital for another few more days. I'll be going down to visit him again on Saturday. I pray that there'll be no complications from the surgery. Yes, Justin's an important pal to me. Even though we've only known each other for almost 2 years, we saw each other practically every day in camp. We shared a lot. He's my best pal and I want him around for another 8 decades or so.

There's a lot more that I want to talk about but I've run out of time. I need to head for bed.

My pal's gonna be alright @ 2321hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home