Cracked my head
2314hrs: I had a pretty dramatic Saturday yesterday. Went cycling with Dom, Janan and JC at East Coast Park. It was supposed to be a fun filled day ending with a nice seafood dinner but we ended up having pizza at my place instead.
The guys and I. Taken just before the accident.
Somehow during the cycling I decided to sway the bike from side to side like how I usually do on my own bike. What I didn't know was the bike's pedals were set pretty low. Next thing I know the pedal caught the ground. The whole bike spun half way to the left(till it was perpendicular to the cycling path) and due to inertia, I got thrown off the bike. My head hit the ground first and then my back. But the head impact was pretty severe. I felt as if I've just had my head cracked open with a baseball bat. I was still in a daze when Dom, Janan and JC rushed over. I was lying on the ground cause I couldn't get up. The impact messed up my equilibrium pretty good. Even after Dom and Janan helped me up, I couldn't stay up on my own. Fearing that I might've cracked my skull, my pals called for an ambulance. The paramedics came and asked if I blacked out or if I felt like vomiting and all. They wheeled me back to the ambulance and sent me to Changi General Hospital to get checked out. On the way over I had a nice chat with one of the paramedics and realised how small the world was. Apparently the paramedic attending to me knows my colleague who was a paramedic during his NS time. We(paramedic and I) continued chatting and he turned out to be a cycling enthusiast as well. Overall, the paramedic was pretty cool.
JC decided my pathetic state was a perfect Kodak moment
She took another one on the way home
The doc(who was pretty cute btw) checked my head and said she doesn't think I've fractured anything and that it was probably just a concussion. But I went for an x-ray anyway. So after examining the x-rays, the doc said there were no fractures on my skull or back. Everything was fine. The final diagnosis was concussion. I still felt giddy from the impact and I'll get moments of vertigo when I tilt my head a certain way. The doc said that was normal and that it'll be like that for a few days after the accident. I got quite a few moments of vertigo today. Oh btw, my camera got crushed when I impacted the ground. It resulted in the casing being dented. It's a good thing the camera has a mostly metal construction. It's dented but it still works.
I just came back from Victor's birthday party. The food wasn't bad but I didn't have much of it. But there were cute doggies there though. Happy Birthday Victor!!!

The cute puppy at Victor's party
Think I should get off the com now....getting pretty woozy...
The accident wouldn't have happened if I were on my own bike @ 2331hrs
The guys and I. Taken just before the accident.
Somehow during the cycling I decided to sway the bike from side to side like how I usually do on my own bike. What I didn't know was the bike's pedals were set pretty low. Next thing I know the pedal caught the ground. The whole bike spun half way to the left(till it was perpendicular to the cycling path) and due to inertia, I got thrown off the bike. My head hit the ground first and then my back. But the head impact was pretty severe. I felt as if I've just had my head cracked open with a baseball bat. I was still in a daze when Dom, Janan and JC rushed over. I was lying on the ground cause I couldn't get up. The impact messed up my equilibrium pretty good. Even after Dom and Janan helped me up, I couldn't stay up on my own. Fearing that I might've cracked my skull, my pals called for an ambulance. The paramedics came and asked if I blacked out or if I felt like vomiting and all. They wheeled me back to the ambulance and sent me to Changi General Hospital to get checked out. On the way over I had a nice chat with one of the paramedics and realised how small the world was. Apparently the paramedic attending to me knows my colleague who was a paramedic during his NS time. We(paramedic and I) continued chatting and he turned out to be a cycling enthusiast as well. Overall, the paramedic was pretty cool.
JC decided my pathetic state was a perfect Kodak moment
She took another one on the way home
The doc(who was pretty cute btw) checked my head and said she doesn't think I've fractured anything and that it was probably just a concussion. But I went for an x-ray anyway. So after examining the x-rays, the doc said there were no fractures on my skull or back. Everything was fine. The final diagnosis was concussion. I still felt giddy from the impact and I'll get moments of vertigo when I tilt my head a certain way. The doc said that was normal and that it'll be like that for a few days after the accident. I got quite a few moments of vertigo today. Oh btw, my camera got crushed when I impacted the ground. It resulted in the casing being dented. It's a good thing the camera has a mostly metal construction. It's dented but it still works.
I just came back from Victor's birthday party. The food wasn't bad but I didn't have much of it. But there were cute doggies there though. Happy Birthday Victor!!!

The cute puppy at Victor's party
Think I should get off the com now....getting pretty woozy...
The accident wouldn't have happened if I were on my own bike @ 2331hrs
3 Comments:
Oh my god, I'm so fat in that picture.
I demand you remove it.
Joking la, you can keep it on, but damn I'm plump.
the puppy pic is very well taken. kudos kudos. pierces thy soul. cen send?
Thanks, it was a simple pic that turned out nice.haha. You can grab it off my blog unless you're looking for something bigger. :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home