Things anew...
2253hrs: Thursday was my last day at AIG. Yes, I've finally bid goodbye to the endless search for files. No more heavy lifting and papercuts. No more pretentious colleagues to contend with or dicks with too much time on their hands. But it was a bitter sweet moment when my workday ended on Thursday. Although my job wasn't anything to rave about, I have been there for 5 months afterall. My immediate colleagues have been really nice to me even though at times I didn't perform well at my job. And there was a pretty high turn over of temps at this place which meant a higher chance of cuties. That's always nice. I spent Thursday evening wrapping chocolates for my friends and colleagues. I don't like wrapping stuff. And the damned wrapping paper wouldn't unroll because I couldn't get the f***ing tape off of it. I ended up tearing the damn wrapping paper and had to cycle out to buy a couple more rolls. I'm just glad the people I gave it to appreciated my efforts and told me I did a good job of wrapping them.
I was pretty happy on Thursday cause I rented a car that evening. And I was gonna go pick C up from school later that night and send her home. Yes, I can hear all of you saying "Oh no, not C again". Yes, C again. But I've taken the hiatus from C to regroup and rethink my approach and I realised I was doing it all wrong. So I'm not exactly chasing her anymore. I'm just keeping the friendship alive. Although the sharp minded few among you would rationalise that a normal friend wouldn't drive half way across the island to send someone(who's just a friend) home. I mean it has been awhile since I last saw her and I didn't have anything else to do with the car cause all my friends were busy. If I didn't pick her up, I would've been driving around aimlessly. Ok, I admit. I did a little more than just send C home. I brought her flowers and chocolates. The flowers was cause she said she didn't get any on V'day so I thought why not just buy her a small bouquet? It didn't cost much but it made her smile quite abit. The chocolates were leftover from the ones I wrapped for my colleagues. Hmm...ok fine. They weren't leftovers. I saved some for her and I threw in a whole lot of Hershey's Kisses for her. The one I wrapped for her was two times bigger than the ones I wrapped for my colleagues. So I guess seeing her that night wasn't as platonic as I planned it to be. Oh well. The drive home was quite enjoyable though. It was quite a long drive home but I had Diana Krall's latest album for company all the way. I loved it! Alex, I can't thank you enough for that huge collection of Jazz albums you passed me! I LOVE YOU MAN!
I'm starting my new job at Price Waterhouse Coopers tomorrow. I've got mixed feelings about it though. I wonder how it'll be. I wonder if my colleagues(mostly female) will be nice or bitchy. I wonder if the bosses will be nice. Godbro's wife(who introed the job to me) told me my new colleagues have already been briefed about me. Which kinda sucks cause I was hoping to let 'em find out bout me on their own. Godbro's wife did say a few of them were asking if I were cute. Hmm....I know I'm no Brad Pitt but I don't think I'm bad looking either. But we'll find out tomorrow what the colleagues think about me. I'll just switch my charm to a 'high' setting and see what happens. Heh....ok I'm being full of shit again. I don't know, I just want to create a nice working environment for myself in the new place. Ok...I have to say this. The new place is H-U-G-E! And according to the law of numbers, it equates to a higher number of cuties. I mean come on, who doesn't like working with a couple of eye candies walking about? Ok, fine enough bullshit from me, I'm off to bed.
Wish me luck!
Working hard for the money @ 2330hrs
I was pretty happy on Thursday cause I rented a car that evening. And I was gonna go pick C up from school later that night and send her home. Yes, I can hear all of you saying "Oh no, not C again". Yes, C again. But I've taken the hiatus from C to regroup and rethink my approach and I realised I was doing it all wrong. So I'm not exactly chasing her anymore. I'm just keeping the friendship alive. Although the sharp minded few among you would rationalise that a normal friend wouldn't drive half way across the island to send someone(who's just a friend) home. I mean it has been awhile since I last saw her and I didn't have anything else to do with the car cause all my friends were busy. If I didn't pick her up, I would've been driving around aimlessly. Ok, I admit. I did a little more than just send C home. I brought her flowers and chocolates. The flowers was cause she said she didn't get any on V'day so I thought why not just buy her a small bouquet? It didn't cost much but it made her smile quite abit. The chocolates were leftover from the ones I wrapped for my colleagues. Hmm...ok fine. They weren't leftovers. I saved some for her and I threw in a whole lot of Hershey's Kisses for her. The one I wrapped for her was two times bigger than the ones I wrapped for my colleagues. So I guess seeing her that night wasn't as platonic as I planned it to be. Oh well. The drive home was quite enjoyable though. It was quite a long drive home but I had Diana Krall's latest album for company all the way. I loved it! Alex, I can't thank you enough for that huge collection of Jazz albums you passed me! I LOVE YOU MAN!
I'm starting my new job at Price Waterhouse Coopers tomorrow. I've got mixed feelings about it though. I wonder how it'll be. I wonder if my colleagues(mostly female) will be nice or bitchy. I wonder if the bosses will be nice. Godbro's wife(who introed the job to me) told me my new colleagues have already been briefed about me. Which kinda sucks cause I was hoping to let 'em find out bout me on their own. Godbro's wife did say a few of them were asking if I were cute. Hmm....I know I'm no Brad Pitt but I don't think I'm bad looking either. But we'll find out tomorrow what the colleagues think about me. I'll just switch my charm to a 'high' setting and see what happens. Heh....ok I'm being full of shit again. I don't know, I just want to create a nice working environment for myself in the new place. Ok...I have to say this. The new place is H-U-G-E! And according to the law of numbers, it equates to a higher number of cuties. I mean come on, who doesn't like working with a couple of eye candies walking about? Ok, fine enough bullshit from me, I'm off to bed.
Wish me luck!
Working hard for the money @ 2330hrs
1 Comments:
The C thing.
I would say no. At certain perspective it makes you look desperate....
I didn't see any need for flowers or chocolate, or the ride home in any case.
At the end of the day, aren't you still hoping that she might open up again?
I prefer seeing my good friend spending time and money on bettering himself, rather than spending it on someone else.
Post a Comment
<< Home