Tuesday, March 20, 2007

There'll Never Be Another You

2155hrs: No I'm not heartbroken over someone like the title suggests. It's just the title of a song I recently fell in love with. It's funny because I chanced upon it. I wasn't even looking for this song but another with the same title. The singer is familiar though. I grew up listening to another song by Michael Damian titled 'Was It Nothing At All'. That was a great song and I really liked it a lot growing up. Now that I've heard another song from him that I really like, I just might get his album. That is, if I can still find it. I think this is a song perfect for the brokenhearted. I'll be putting it on repeat if I ever get heartbroken again. But that's not likely since I've taken an oath of celibacy. Nah....kidding.

Oh I've been emailing alot with Porsche Boxster who was mentioned in the entry 'Mondays suck...Not'. But I'll stop calling her Porsche Boxster. She's known as Dew from now on. Before I continue, Dew and I are just good collegues/friends/work buddies and nothing more alright? She's just been really fun to talk to over our email exchanges. We started emailing a lot last week cause she wasn't given any work yet. So we've gotten to know each other well enough the past week. Dew called me out for lunch last Friday and it was nice. She still won't tell me her age especially after I told her she looks early-twenties. She threw me a bone that day and asked 'Would you believe it if I told you I already have a kid?'. In which she quickly retracted 'But that's not possible right? Cause I'm still so young...*laughs*'. Well she told me about her friendster profile that day over lunch and I checked it out over the weekend. My goodness, I know I'm not very good at guessing a person's age, but I didn't expect to be this wrong. She's like 7 years my senior and she's married(I knew about this when I met her) with a baby boy. But to me she doesn't look a day over 25. I haven't told her about it yet though. So as far as she knows, I'm still clueless about her age and kid. I'll wait for her to tell me. She does seem pretty happy to be mistaken for a 25 year old though. I guess it must be really flattering for her to have a young stud like me come along and tell her she looks early-twenties. hahaha...

I had a terrible flu today and I've been throwing out combo sneezes all day. The first one was probably the longest. I shot out 6 in a row in the cab on my way to work. Yeah, I overslept this morning cause I forgot to set the alarms on my mobiles. By the time I woke, it was 0740hrs. I've already missed the charter bus. Back to the flu, so I was sneezing and spewing mucus all over my cubicle the whole day. It's little wonder why I was pretty stoned today even though I had just enough shut eye. Thank goodness there wasn't anything really taxing today that I had to clear up. So I should head off to bed now and get a good rest cause I really don't want to take a sick day barely 3 weeks into my new job. I did promise myself not to take sick days till at least 1 month after. If I feel as bad tomorrow as I did today, I might have no choice cause today really wasn't fun at all. Actually, I was suppose to go sleep at 9pm. Yeah I know 9 hours of rest is too much but I think my body really needs it. Since I've missed that bedtime, I'll have to settle for 8 hours(if I fall asleep instantly that is).

I'm posting up the lyrics for the song I mentioned in case I need it again. I've had a hard time looking for it.

(There'll Never Be) Another You by Michael Damian

I have a life, I live a lie

It's more like living day to day
Just to get by
And it's OK cause I get through
But I know there'll never be another you

I got my friends
They're always there
And someone special that I know who really cares
But late some nights
A voice cries through
Reminding me there'll never be another you

I can recall all those winters and falls
Nights of love that I thought would be always with us
Writing our plans on the beach in the sand
But they faded through time in the wind and with you, ohh...

I think of you from time to time...
Sometimes I wonder if I ever cross your mind
But looking back is hard to do
Cause it reminds me there won't be another you, ohh...

If I could hold you again for one night
it would make my whole world come alive again, ohh...

I will survive and carry on
Once in awhile I hear an old familiar song
It takes me back and makes me blue
Reminding me there'll never be another you
Yes, I know there'll never be another you

I've got a bad case of the sniffles @ 2220hrs

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ive heard this song on the radio so many times..but the deejay never announces the title nor the artist,and at last..all thanks to you..i now know!!!Thank you so much..you're indeed a saviour..

October 03, 2007 2:54 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

haha....yeah it's a really nice song...if you like Michael Damian, he's got another hit titled 'Was it Nothing At All'.

Btw, are you from Singapore?

October 03, 2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger wicked KoX said...

ben you're from singapore? haha i almost thought you were russian or smth, based on the title of your blog. Anw, thanks for posting the lyrics. They play it all the time on class95 late at night & it's beautiful.

February 27, 2008 3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for this song for years.... where did u get it?
pleasee I need to downloaded it for my mom

December 17, 2008 4:34 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

I don't think it's possible to get it anymore. But if you really want it, you could email me at miles_venti@yahoo.com.sg and I'll be happy to email it to you. =o)

December 19, 2008 3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home