Monday, March 12, 2007

Mondays suck...NOT!

2244hrs: Well...kinda. I don't know. I can't seem to make up my mind about it. I didn't manage to re-calibrate my bio-clock yesterday and stayed up for a few hours last night until fatigue did a 'force shutdown'. So I was understandably stoned today but thankfully, I only had to work 3 hours today. I attended the compulsory orientation for the company and it carried on till 1430hrs in the afternoon.

So I walked into the training room this morning half asleep until someone caught my eye. It's not often I see a full on red hot Ferrari that manages to get my V8 pitching highs and lows this early in the morning. But I was like 'DAMNNnnnnn.....that chick is fine fine SUPER FINE!'. That Ferrari got my full attention for awhile until fatigue reclaimed it's stake on my consciousness a little later. Which is why I missed her name. I only knew her department but it was of little consequence to me since I've hung up my skirt chasing ways. I just enjoyed the eye-candy till I had to leave. But it was interesting watching the guys react to the Ferrari. I caught one guy reading her profile on the PwC staff database on his laptop and I sniggered to myself. It really was funny! The guy couldn't even wait till he got back in the office to check out her profile. During the office tour, another guy held the door open long enough only for the Ferrari to breeze through and left the door to slam on the poor girl trailing behind the Ferrari. I managed to reach out fast enough to prevent the door slamming on the poor girl(*APPLAUSE* for Ben's gallantry. Yay!). Honestly, the Ferrari is ranked pretty high up next to the other Ferraris I've seen on this little island. It's little surprise then that she's not local. I mean the Ferrari is tall, nice long curly hair, drop dead curves and a cute face that needs little make-up(actually none at all). She's got all the 'WOW' factors checked on my list.

Alright enough talk about the Ferrari. This morning when the orientation got under way, we had to introduce ourselves. You know things like name, department, previous place of employment and they said to include an interesting fact. Perhaps I could come up with a few excuses as to why the best I managed was a nervous lightning quick blabber of 'Hi,I'mBenjaminfromFinanceDeptthisismyfirstjobsincearmyandaninterestingfactaboutmeisthatIenjoyreading.'
If you haven't noticed, I'm not too big on public speaking. Yes, I got self-conscious this morning cause I wasn't prepared to be a focus of everyone's attention(even if it was only for 2mins). A valid excuse would be that I was pretty stoned but that only covers incoherence. I've got nothing for the nervousness. You know, a better introduction would've gone like 'Hi, I'm Benjamin from Finance Department. This is my first job after the army. An interesting fact about me....Well I just got my first concussion little more than a month ago. So please excuse me if I don't remember your names'*guffaws from the audience*. There! It would've sounded so much better than my nervous chatter. *sigh* Isn't hindsight a real bitch?

Besides the Ferrari, there were two more girls that weren't too bad. I'll call them Golf GTI and Porsche Boxster. I spoke to the Boxster after lunch and she was quite friendly. Was surprised to find out that she was from Indonesia cause she sounded local. According to her, she has been localised since being in Singapore for the past 8 years. I don't have much to say bout the Golf cause she sat too faraway for small talk. But the Golf was cute in a spunky kinda way which explains why she's a Golf.

If I had to rate all 3(only if I REALLY had to), it'll be something like this. The Ferrari would get 9.9, the Golf GTI, 7.6 and the Porsche Boxster, 6.3. Yes, yes some of you out there would find all thsi rating offensive and blah blah blah but bear in mind I'm only putting it in terms familiar to me?

Like I said, all that is little consequence to me. I'm not skirt chasing anymore. But that doesn't mean I've given up my rating rights. Ha!

I've gotta find better things to blog about @ 2323hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home