Falling numbers
2241hrs: I've noticed a trend developing in my site visits in the last two months. The number of visits I get per day is falling. Until recently I have never seen it fall to just 3 visits per day. Less than 3 months ago I was getting three times or more for my daily hits. But it's fallen to a heideously low number recently.
I know the purpose of this blog is mostly for my myself. A place for me to share my thoughts, loves and it lets me know how 'interesting' my life really is. It also helps me pen my memories down before my neurons scatter and I lose them forever. So the rather low hits I've been getting recently shouldn't bother me. But it bothers me! I'm wondering if the quality of my writing has fallen or have I gotten hopelessly yawn-worthy in the last couple of months? Everytime I see the site statistics, I have to remind myself I'm not blogging for the numbers. Honestly, I'm not. Thus I tend to blog like the people I mention will never see it. And it does get me into trouble now and then. It's landed me in a somewhat sticky situation now. But that's for another time.
Although the hit count's been falling, I have been getting visits from some rather interesting places. Someone from Providence, Rhode Island, USA visits my site quite regularly and I can't help but think it's someone I know. I do have visits from some other states in the US that aren't as interesting to mention compared to the other countries. Japan, Korea, Czechoslovakia, Mexico, France and Australia. These are just the ones I can remember. I found it interesting especially the visit from a former state of the Soviet Union.

As you can see from the graph, the period between October to December last year registered the highest number of hits I've ever gotten on my blog. That's explained by my run-in with the bunch of crazy 18 year olds who passed my blog address around. Thus the hits effectively doubled compared to the September to October period. In the January to February period of 2007 the counts still seemed pretty healthy. But it's been plummeting since the beginning of March. I wonder if it's caused by my rather long hiatus in between posts that's causing this drop. Or is it the lack of anything substantial in my blogged topics?
If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear it.
I know numbers aren't important but I just want to figure this out @ 2303hrs
I know the purpose of this blog is mostly for my myself. A place for me to share my thoughts, loves and it lets me know how 'interesting' my life really is. It also helps me pen my memories down before my neurons scatter and I lose them forever. So the rather low hits I've been getting recently shouldn't bother me. But it bothers me! I'm wondering if the quality of my writing has fallen or have I gotten hopelessly yawn-worthy in the last couple of months? Everytime I see the site statistics, I have to remind myself I'm not blogging for the numbers. Honestly, I'm not. Thus I tend to blog like the people I mention will never see it. And it does get me into trouble now and then. It's landed me in a somewhat sticky situation now. But that's for another time.
Although the hit count's been falling, I have been getting visits from some rather interesting places. Someone from Providence, Rhode Island, USA visits my site quite regularly and I can't help but think it's someone I know. I do have visits from some other states in the US that aren't as interesting to mention compared to the other countries. Japan, Korea, Czechoslovakia, Mexico, France and Australia. These are just the ones I can remember. I found it interesting especially the visit from a former state of the Soviet Union.

As you can see from the graph, the period between October to December last year registered the highest number of hits I've ever gotten on my blog. That's explained by my run-in with the bunch of crazy 18 year olds who passed my blog address around. Thus the hits effectively doubled compared to the September to October period. In the January to February period of 2007 the counts still seemed pretty healthy. But it's been plummeting since the beginning of March. I wonder if it's caused by my rather long hiatus in between posts that's causing this drop. Or is it the lack of anything substantial in my blogged topics?
If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear it.
I know numbers aren't important but I just want to figure this out @ 2303hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home