October reinstated
2144hrs: As you can see I've reposted the entries I wrote in October about a particular someone. The person I wanted to hide those entries from already knows everything, has read everything and I have pretty much gotten over the embarassment of everything. Yes she's young, yes she's cute, yes she's a red hot Ferrari on bipeds(and that's a compliment by the way) and no, I've got no chance with her. Which is just as well I guess.
I'll go drool over the Lamborghinis and Ferraris at the motorshow to cheer myself up. I'm actually pretty tired today. I was planning to head down to the supermarket to get the stuff I need for my attempt at carbonara spaghetti this weekend. No, I'm not gonna cheat by using those ready made carbonara sauce. Yes, I'm gonna be adventurous and make it from scratch. And if all is successful, I'll be cooking for a bunch of close friends next weekend.
You know, I think my friend is right. I seem to be getting more domesticated and feminine in recent weeks. This week I caught myself browsing kitchen appliances and microwaves TWICE on two different days. Usually you'll only find me giving the same attention to cars and jets(and maybe cuties :oP ). And I've been reading cook books pretty often recently. I don't know but I just have this notion that it'll be impressive if a guy can cook an entire dinner for a girl he likes. But my colleague disagrees. He says the girl probably wouldn't pay any attention to the fact that you have spent an entire afternoon making a mess of the kitchen. Got cut by the knife twice while dicing the veges. Then got scalded by the hot water while tossing stuff into the pot. The girl would just eat, forget and wouldn't appreciate the culinary feats you've accomplished with this dinner she's just had. Is it true ladies? Is it true that you won't be impressed with a guy who has spent an entire afternoon cooking for you? Just because he thinks you're special enough.
No, I'm not learning to cook for anyone. I'm learning to cook because I'm a picky eater. And I tend to have a limited choice of food when I eat out. And more often than not the stuff I like are a tad expensive. And it's about time I paved my way into the kitchen. No matter what my Aunt might say about me intruding on HER kitchen. Well, she did get me that skillet I wanted. Which means she's encouraging me. It's a waste to have a nice TEFAL skillet and only use it to scramble eggs(it's the feminine side talking!). Yes, I wanna learn to feed myself.
Let's hope I don't blow myself up after what happened the last time I cooked @ 2209hrs
I'll go drool over the Lamborghinis and Ferraris at the motorshow to cheer myself up. I'm actually pretty tired today. I was planning to head down to the supermarket to get the stuff I need for my attempt at carbonara spaghetti this weekend. No, I'm not gonna cheat by using those ready made carbonara sauce. Yes, I'm gonna be adventurous and make it from scratch. And if all is successful, I'll be cooking for a bunch of close friends next weekend.
You know, I think my friend is right. I seem to be getting more domesticated and feminine in recent weeks. This week I caught myself browsing kitchen appliances and microwaves TWICE on two different days. Usually you'll only find me giving the same attention to cars and jets(and maybe cuties :oP ). And I've been reading cook books pretty often recently. I don't know but I just have this notion that it'll be impressive if a guy can cook an entire dinner for a girl he likes. But my colleague disagrees. He says the girl probably wouldn't pay any attention to the fact that you have spent an entire afternoon making a mess of the kitchen. Got cut by the knife twice while dicing the veges. Then got scalded by the hot water while tossing stuff into the pot. The girl would just eat, forget and wouldn't appreciate the culinary feats you've accomplished with this dinner she's just had. Is it true ladies? Is it true that you won't be impressed with a guy who has spent an entire afternoon cooking for you? Just because he thinks you're special enough.
No, I'm not learning to cook for anyone. I'm learning to cook because I'm a picky eater. And I tend to have a limited choice of food when I eat out. And more often than not the stuff I like are a tad expensive. And it's about time I paved my way into the kitchen. No matter what my Aunt might say about me intruding on HER kitchen. Well, she did get me that skillet I wanted. Which means she's encouraging me. It's a waste to have a nice TEFAL skillet and only use it to scramble eggs(it's the feminine side talking!). Yes, I wanna learn to feed myself.
Let's hope I don't blow myself up after what happened the last time I cooked @ 2209hrs
8 Comments:
that was pretty revealing.
i guess i'll go read what happened in october soon enough.
anyways, whether or not a female appreciates a guy's cooking...
i guess its definitely subjective.
in my case, i would definitely appreciate and 'admire' a guy who could, cause so few make the effort to learn how to and i find it pretty romantic to have a guy cook for me.
nevertheless, i hope you succeed in your attempt.
and one more thing,
i'm sorry to say i feel a bit offended that you described a girl as a 'red hot Ferrari on bipeds', i know you meant it as a compliment.. but.. well that offensive feeling still lingers.
i know its your own opinion. but women dont like being named as objects!
serina
well, let's just pray that you dont burn down your aunt's kitchen this weekend.
good luck!
Well you gotta understand my love for cars before you take offense. Ferrari in my world is like a goddess shrouded in a red toga. I don't objectify women. I'm just relating beauty in terms that are dearer to me. ;o)
Don't be offended k?
Btw,
what was revealing about that post?
just went through your october entries and poof! you've replied.
hmm. it seems that a lot has happened during the past month. in fact, it reminded me of something that happened to me.
someone(a colleague and let's call him Z) thought that i had a crush on him. so typically, he went and blogged an entire paragraph about how i "FELL DESPERATELY IN LOVE" with him and how "PITIFUL" i was because all the guys i supposedly liked, flocked to a friend of mine.
suffice to say, neither was true. since, at that time, i did not really take notice of the guys in the office.
and well, i found it offensive for Z to assume that i had liked him as he based his opinion on what people had told him and my 'supposed' behaviour.
it was humiliating (to say the least) to have been falsely accused of liking someone whom i didnt even notice to begin with.
suffice to say (yet again), that i found him less of a friend and more of an insensitive colleague. i had a reputation to take care of (you should know office politics) and to have been linked to him was damaging (to say the least).
i really hope you never do the same assumption. reading back, you mentioned an M, i hope you managed to clear things up with her before the above-mentioned situation happens.
it really hurts a lot on the receiving end. (trust me, i had to quit the job because of the flak i received)
serina
revealing because you were willing to reveal what you desperately wanted to hide originally.
and well, revealing cause you admitted that you were "feminine and domesticated"
=P
serina
Think you've given up the ruse Serina or should I say Mel?
... to be frank, i'm offended that you still think that i'm 'Mel'
i am not 'mel' at all.
serina
Post a Comment
<< Home