Under Pressure
2230hrs: Well I saw my cute asthma specialist today. It's rare you find a cute doctor but one who's in a specialised field is even more of a gem. Of course that's not the reason I've been seeing her the last 2 years. Nooooo...she's been taking good care of me. She was extremely nice, understanding and accomadating during my 2 year army stint. She wrote letters to the camp doctor to get me out of a bad bad place. She got me off the dirty dusty floors of camp during guard duty. She's really been great. And I owe her a nice X'mas card this year(please somebody remind me in case I forget). Anyways I confessed to her today that I haven't been taking my preventive medication for the past year. All she said was, "You naughty boy ah you!" with a smile. I returned the smile with a shy cheeky grin and promised to take my meds. Ok, if you really must know. I stopped my meds because I didn't want to be dependent on medications ok? I've been fine and I haven't had asthma attacks since 2004. I got four attacks over two separate days two weeks ago cause of the damned haze. Other than that, I've been fine.
You know, the oddest thing happen today. I got a minor asthma attack today while sitting in my doctor's office. If I didn't know better I'd say she was the one causing it. When I said she's cute, I meant it both ways. She's quite attractive for someone in her mid-thirties(I'm guessing). And it's nice to see that a person of her age, attractiveness and intelligence can still be cute. I mean adorable - cute. She's quite a lady really. Beauty and brains rolled into one. *in awe* No, I do not have a crush on her. Whatever I've said about her is just an observation. A man can still pay compliments to a beautiful lady without being accused of liking her right?
Well I asked if she could take my blood pressure and she did. It's not good news. Today's reading was 170/90. That's VERY high for someone my age. A healthy person my age should be reading about 120/60. No I don't think my pretty doctor had anything to do with it. But I do suspect the past week might've helped though. I was getting pretty frustrated over things that really didn't deserve so much attention.
Anyways my pretty doctor has referred me to the hypertension clinic under subsidised rates(told you she's nice). She says they can do more comprehensive tests to see if I really do have high blood pressure. You know, I am really missing the full medical benefits I had while in the SAF. I hope and pray that all this high blood pressure readings are just a fluke and that it's only because I've been frustrated too often recently. I really don't want another permanent ailment. Having asthma is bad enough.
Is it me or is my body falling apart too early? @ 2256hrs
You know, the oddest thing happen today. I got a minor asthma attack today while sitting in my doctor's office. If I didn't know better I'd say she was the one causing it. When I said she's cute, I meant it both ways. She's quite attractive for someone in her mid-thirties(I'm guessing). And it's nice to see that a person of her age, attractiveness and intelligence can still be cute. I mean adorable - cute. She's quite a lady really. Beauty and brains rolled into one. *in awe* No, I do not have a crush on her. Whatever I've said about her is just an observation. A man can still pay compliments to a beautiful lady without being accused of liking her right?
Well I asked if she could take my blood pressure and she did. It's not good news. Today's reading was 170/90. That's VERY high for someone my age. A healthy person my age should be reading about 120/60. No I don't think my pretty doctor had anything to do with it. But I do suspect the past week might've helped though. I was getting pretty frustrated over things that really didn't deserve so much attention.
Anyways my pretty doctor has referred me to the hypertension clinic under subsidised rates(told you she's nice). She says they can do more comprehensive tests to see if I really do have high blood pressure. You know, I am really missing the full medical benefits I had while in the SAF. I hope and pray that all this high blood pressure readings are just a fluke and that it's only because I've been frustrated too often recently. I really don't want another permanent ailment. Having asthma is bad enough.
Is it me or is my body falling apart too early? @ 2256hrs
7 Comments:
suffice to say u really dont know me directly la.
and i can sense someone's getting touchy...
its okay if you 'lose interest' in this 'game'.
it was never a game to play with.
-thatsome1
Touchy? Was that how I sounded? I didn't mean to. ;o)
Nah, think I'll continue guessing till the GREAT REVEAL! You are gonna reveal yourself eventually right?
Ok, it's not a game. But I'll be honest it is nice to have someone anonymous like that. I can live with a little mystery. Just lemme know if you're a guy or a girl please?*bambi eyes* See! I asked nicely. *heh*
To Mr/Ms Anonymous:
Want to leave a comment?
Leave a name.
It isn't that difficult.
Relax Janan I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit. I find it amusing. :oP Can't wait to see ya soon buddy!
so we're playing tag here huh?
teehee
okay. so i do apologise if i offended you or your friends.
hmm. what started off as a (sincere, at least to me) comment, has since 'spun' into this really odd situation.
i'm not comfortable with revealing my identity yet because well.. just take it that i have issues.
anyways, i'll leave my name for starters.
-thatsome1anonymous who is incidentally named Serina
Serina,
I'm not offended. On the contrary, I'm intrigued. Yeah, you sounded sincere in your first comment. I'm just surprised someone actually reads my blog other than my friends. ;o) Keep the comments coming and I don't mind that you're anonymous. Heh.
Post a Comment
<< Home