Shopping spree! Wheee!
2242hrs(3 November 2006): Went to see the doc today for my ankle. Missed the earlier appointment with the respiratory clinic cause they botched up my appointment and I was slightly late as well. I was late because I slept for 11 hours. Yes, I was that tired.
Anyways Dr Tho(my orthopaedic doc) told me my lateral malleolus(the tissue between the heel and ankle) is swelled and inflamed. Which is why there is still pain and stiffness in my right ankle. Which means 3 months after my fall, I'm still out of action. He says I probably need physiotherapy. But he'll decide if it's really necessary next month when I see him again. Honestly, I'm getting pretty restless. I haven't rode my baby(bike) proper for the last 3 months. Dr Tho says the only cardio exercise I can do now is swim. But I can't swim! Not very well anyway. I'm taking private swimming lessons though. I've been really stressed and I really miss that wind in my hair feeling. But I can't. Not for another month(hopefully nothing more). All I can do now is obediently follow Dr Tho's instructions on regular stretching and take the medication.
I'll be honest with you, Dr Tho's one of the best if not the best specialist in sports medicine in the local scene. Thus he oversees the injuries and recovery for the local football clubs. And he doesn't come cheap. Just an x-ray and consultation with him today cost me S$145 off my very small pay cheque. But I feel he's worth it cause he really does care for his patients. He immediately asked about my Aunt today when he saw me. He treated my Aunt a couple of years back when she had a nasty fall and fractured her elbow. That's how I was introduced to him. He's also the fella who diagnosed my Chondromalacia Patellae(CMP) which basically means cartilage degeneration in the knees(Yes, I've got weak knees...har har...whatever). His bedside manner is perhaps one of the best I've seen. But then again, I do see him often enough. I remember this funny conversation I had with him about cadavers one time. I asked if he's totally comfortable slicing people open. His reply, "Yes, of course. I can eat my lunch next to a cadaver no problem". Then he added, "Of course I don't mean having the cadaver for lunch". Ok, I know it doesn't sound funny but him and I had a good laugh at that. If you ever need a good doc for sports injuries, he's the one to see.
So after seeing the doc I went down to Bras Basah Plaza to get my G-Shock changed. Yes, I just bought myself a brand new G-Shock after taking my pay. I needed one. I lost mine 2 years ago while job hunting at International Plaza and I didn't get it replaced. But anyways the G-Shock I got wasn't working well. The illuminator was flickering everytime it came on. I thought it was running outta juice. Brought it back and was told it was a fault and the shop gave me a new one. Oh and when they were taking out the replacement for me from the cabinet, I saw they had quite a few left. Well, the sales fella who sold me the watch said this model is so popular they only had 2 left. Bullshit! There were at least 4 left and I know because the boxes were clearly marked with the model number, G101. Anyways other than for that little fault, I really like my new watch. It was the cheapest in the showcase but it looks better than the newer(and more expensive) ones. I feel the G-Shock designs are getting corrupted these days. G-shocks are known for their huge faces, a deep watch face which is almost scratch proof and aggressive design. But the current designs are smaller, the watch face is a lot more shallow and the design just doesn't cut it anymore. I loved my old G-Shock Mudman. It lasted me 5 years. I finally stopped using it cause the resin casing finally started to crack. But that thing was tough. I remember when I was younger and prone to tantrums, I had the bad habit of hurling stuff. There were a few times when I threw the Mudman with full force into the ground(into solid tiles mind you). The thing didn't even get a scratch. I loved it! A couple of months back I found it on an online auction and was seriously considering getting it. Even though it was second hand, I didn't mind. And it seemed quite a few people didn't mind as well(testament to it's allure). The price skyrocketed beyond the amount I was prepared to pay for a 2 year old watch(considering the resin breaks down within 5 years of use). If I'm not wrong, the winning bid was S$70. Damn, I miss that watch. I almost never took it off when I had it. The Mudman wasn't my first though. I had another that could monitor room temperatures. It'll log 24 hours worth of temperature data. It could also tell the sunrise and sunset times with impressive accuracy by calculating the latitude and longitudes. It's resin is gone as well though. Funny thing is, it began disintegrating after the Mudman. Then again, I wore the Mudman most of the time anyway. My latest G-Shock isn't too bad although smaller than the old Mudman. It's an analog / digital with basic functions and dual time keeping(for two different time zones). I feel it's worth the S$78 I paid for it. And my friends agree too!

The good 'ol G-Shock Mudman DW-8400

I loved the cool blue luminescent backlight the most

My beloved Mudman after 5 years of abuse

The new Analog / Digital G-Shock G101
After getting the watch replaced I found myself at Raffles City. So I decided to go get my pants. I was running out of pants to wear for work. I don't like wearing pants(no, I don't mean no pants at all, just not long pants). I've been looking out for a second pair of jeans and finally settled on an Espirit 'Rock' pair. You know, I was only suppose to get the jeans but I couldn't resist. There's this polo shirt that I've been eyeing. I've seen it a couple of times at different Espirit outlets but I couldn't afford it then. When I saw it on 30% off today, I just couldn't resist. I had to get it. And I'm glad I did. It didn't cost that much. But I blew S$141 today on clothes alone. It's a good thing I don't shop for clothes unless it's a necessity. Hell, until I started working recently, I hadn't had a pair of jeans since 5 - 6 years ago. But a wardrobe overhaul isn't too bad and I'm not getting any younger. The expendable income I have is allowing me to try out different styles I couldn't afford previously. Heh.
Besides clothes I finally got my cologne. I went nuts and got two bottles. I've been using Calvin Klein One for the longest time(considering I share a similar last name...heh). But Alex introed me to Hugo Boss and I've been wanting to get it for so long. So I got both. I remember how Alex used to carry a bottle of Hugo Boss to camp just to mask the cigarette smell from his Mum. There was one time when I bumped into the bugger on the bus along Bukit Timah. I was on my way to a date dressed in my army uniform and I stank! I knew the bugger was carrying his Hugo Boss around and I pretty much bathed myself in it. Thanks smoochie woochie hunny bunny! You saved me that day! Can't wait for you to come back then we can go club hopping together! I want you and no one else to be my wingman when I'm picking up hotties at the bar. :oP

Yes, I've been using CK One for a really really long time and I still love it

The CK Be was next to useless cause the scent doesn't last long and it's very subtle

The Hugo Boss, it's very strong for when I want to be noticed..... :oP
Alright, it's been a day of much shopping. I do hope I'm not turning too metro. You know, I was planning on writing about other stuff tonight but I just lost the passion to blog about that issue. Maybe tomorrow.
New clothes to look nice, new cologne to smell nice and new watch to be punctual Yay! @ 0004hrs
Anyways Dr Tho(my orthopaedic doc) told me my lateral malleolus(the tissue between the heel and ankle) is swelled and inflamed. Which is why there is still pain and stiffness in my right ankle. Which means 3 months after my fall, I'm still out of action. He says I probably need physiotherapy. But he'll decide if it's really necessary next month when I see him again. Honestly, I'm getting pretty restless. I haven't rode my baby(bike) proper for the last 3 months. Dr Tho says the only cardio exercise I can do now is swim. But I can't swim! Not very well anyway. I'm taking private swimming lessons though. I've been really stressed and I really miss that wind in my hair feeling. But I can't. Not for another month(hopefully nothing more). All I can do now is obediently follow Dr Tho's instructions on regular stretching and take the medication.
I'll be honest with you, Dr Tho's one of the best if not the best specialist in sports medicine in the local scene. Thus he oversees the injuries and recovery for the local football clubs. And he doesn't come cheap. Just an x-ray and consultation with him today cost me S$145 off my very small pay cheque. But I feel he's worth it cause he really does care for his patients. He immediately asked about my Aunt today when he saw me. He treated my Aunt a couple of years back when she had a nasty fall and fractured her elbow. That's how I was introduced to him. He's also the fella who diagnosed my Chondromalacia Patellae(CMP) which basically means cartilage degeneration in the knees(Yes, I've got weak knees...har har...whatever). His bedside manner is perhaps one of the best I've seen. But then again, I do see him often enough. I remember this funny conversation I had with him about cadavers one time. I asked if he's totally comfortable slicing people open. His reply, "Yes, of course. I can eat my lunch next to a cadaver no problem". Then he added, "Of course I don't mean having the cadaver for lunch". Ok, I know it doesn't sound funny but him and I had a good laugh at that. If you ever need a good doc for sports injuries, he's the one to see.
So after seeing the doc I went down to Bras Basah Plaza to get my G-Shock changed. Yes, I just bought myself a brand new G-Shock after taking my pay. I needed one. I lost mine 2 years ago while job hunting at International Plaza and I didn't get it replaced. But anyways the G-Shock I got wasn't working well. The illuminator was flickering everytime it came on. I thought it was running outta juice. Brought it back and was told it was a fault and the shop gave me a new one. Oh and when they were taking out the replacement for me from the cabinet, I saw they had quite a few left. Well, the sales fella who sold me the watch said this model is so popular they only had 2 left. Bullshit! There were at least 4 left and I know because the boxes were clearly marked with the model number, G101. Anyways other than for that little fault, I really like my new watch. It was the cheapest in the showcase but it looks better than the newer(and more expensive) ones. I feel the G-Shock designs are getting corrupted these days. G-shocks are known for their huge faces, a deep watch face which is almost scratch proof and aggressive design. But the current designs are smaller, the watch face is a lot more shallow and the design just doesn't cut it anymore. I loved my old G-Shock Mudman. It lasted me 5 years. I finally stopped using it cause the resin casing finally started to crack. But that thing was tough. I remember when I was younger and prone to tantrums, I had the bad habit of hurling stuff. There were a few times when I threw the Mudman with full force into the ground(into solid tiles mind you). The thing didn't even get a scratch. I loved it! A couple of months back I found it on an online auction and was seriously considering getting it. Even though it was second hand, I didn't mind. And it seemed quite a few people didn't mind as well(testament to it's allure). The price skyrocketed beyond the amount I was prepared to pay for a 2 year old watch(considering the resin breaks down within 5 years of use). If I'm not wrong, the winning bid was S$70. Damn, I miss that watch. I almost never took it off when I had it. The Mudman wasn't my first though. I had another that could monitor room temperatures. It'll log 24 hours worth of temperature data. It could also tell the sunrise and sunset times with impressive accuracy by calculating the latitude and longitudes. It's resin is gone as well though. Funny thing is, it began disintegrating after the Mudman. Then again, I wore the Mudman most of the time anyway. My latest G-Shock isn't too bad although smaller than the old Mudman. It's an analog / digital with basic functions and dual time keeping(for two different time zones). I feel it's worth the S$78 I paid for it. And my friends agree too!

The good 'ol G-Shock Mudman DW-8400

I loved the cool blue luminescent backlight the most

My beloved Mudman after 5 years of abuse

The new Analog / Digital G-Shock G101
After getting the watch replaced I found myself at Raffles City. So I decided to go get my pants. I was running out of pants to wear for work. I don't like wearing pants(no, I don't mean no pants at all, just not long pants). I've been looking out for a second pair of jeans and finally settled on an Espirit 'Rock' pair. You know, I was only suppose to get the jeans but I couldn't resist. There's this polo shirt that I've been eyeing. I've seen it a couple of times at different Espirit outlets but I couldn't afford it then. When I saw it on 30% off today, I just couldn't resist. I had to get it. And I'm glad I did. It didn't cost that much. But I blew S$141 today on clothes alone. It's a good thing I don't shop for clothes unless it's a necessity. Hell, until I started working recently, I hadn't had a pair of jeans since 5 - 6 years ago. But a wardrobe overhaul isn't too bad and I'm not getting any younger. The expendable income I have is allowing me to try out different styles I couldn't afford previously. Heh.
Besides clothes I finally got my cologne. I went nuts and got two bottles. I've been using Calvin Klein One for the longest time(considering I share a similar last name...heh). But Alex introed me to Hugo Boss and I've been wanting to get it for so long. So I got both. I remember how Alex used to carry a bottle of Hugo Boss to camp just to mask the cigarette smell from his Mum. There was one time when I bumped into the bugger on the bus along Bukit Timah. I was on my way to a date dressed in my army uniform and I stank! I knew the bugger was carrying his Hugo Boss around and I pretty much bathed myself in it. Thanks smoochie woochie hunny bunny! You saved me that day! Can't wait for you to come back then we can go club hopping together! I want you and no one else to be my wingman when I'm picking up hotties at the bar. :oP

Yes, I've been using CK One for a really really long time and I still love it

The CK Be was next to useless cause the scent doesn't last long and it's very subtle

The Hugo Boss, it's very strong for when I want to be noticed..... :oP
Alright, it's been a day of much shopping. I do hope I'm not turning too metro. You know, I was planning on writing about other stuff tonight but I just lost the passion to blog about that issue. Maybe tomorrow.
New clothes to look nice, new cologne to smell nice and new watch to be punctual Yay! @ 0004hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home