Can't get it outta my head
2230hrs: I realised something while crunching numbers at work today. It was 6 November yesterday. After all these years I still remember my first crush's birthday. I haven't spoken to her in 2 years. I haven't thought about her for much longer than that. But the moment I saw 06.11.2006 I remembered her birthday. It's ironic that I remember the birthdays of my two major crushes but I can't recall the birthdays of my ex-girlfriends. And sometimes I have trouble recalling their names. *acts ashamed*
I guess the crushes left a deeper impression than the exes ever did. Then again, I have been with some pretty screwed up people. I shan't talk about what led me to those futile relationships.
Then again the birthdays of my crushes are pretty easy to remember. 6 November used to be when the school holidays would begin for me back in secondary school. It was a happy time and to have a crush's birthday associated with it makes it even harder to forget. With the second crush it gets even easier. The day I forget her birthday is the day I forget my own. Her's is just a day after mine. It's impossible to forget even if I tried.
A memory came back today when I remembered her birthday. I was 16 then and I got Ada a medium sized forever friends bear(it was all the rage with girls back then) and a stalk of fresh sunflower. Knocked on her door looking sharp in a white shirt and beige pants. Was in cahoots with her baby brother and he got her to wait in her room while he opened the door for me. Finally knocked on her room door with the bear in one hand and the sunflower in the other. She peeked out. She was REALLY REALLY surprised. So surprised in fact she closed the door on me. And when she finally opened the door, she was gushing and I was grinning. Gave her the bear and then the flower. She was so happy she gave me a big big hug. And if I'm not mistaken, she was so happy she cried. Yeah, that was how I celebrated one of her birthdays.
Of course when the friendship / relationship soured, I found out she gave the bear to the salvation army. That f****** bear cost me $70+++ and it took me pains to save up that amount. That amount was a big f****** deal to a 16 year old on pocket money! Well that taught me a valuable lesson about buying expensive gifts for a girl. You never know when it'll be tossed into the bin.
In any case the date just opened a floodgate of memories. Mostly good ones though. Oh, in case she's reading, please please don't think I still have feelings for you? I haven't thought about you in years. Just that some of the good memories I had of you are still intact. Please don't come up to me in church after X'mas eve mass this year just to tell me you're 'happily attached' like how you did 2 years ago? I get it! You and that bugger are happily attached. And I'm truly happy for you but mostly cause I COULDN'T CARE LESS!
Happy belated birthday to an old acquaintance @ 2301hrs
I guess the crushes left a deeper impression than the exes ever did. Then again, I have been with some pretty screwed up people. I shan't talk about what led me to those futile relationships.
Then again the birthdays of my crushes are pretty easy to remember. 6 November used to be when the school holidays would begin for me back in secondary school. It was a happy time and to have a crush's birthday associated with it makes it even harder to forget. With the second crush it gets even easier. The day I forget her birthday is the day I forget my own. Her's is just a day after mine. It's impossible to forget even if I tried.
A memory came back today when I remembered her birthday. I was 16 then and I got Ada a medium sized forever friends bear(it was all the rage with girls back then) and a stalk of fresh sunflower. Knocked on her door looking sharp in a white shirt and beige pants. Was in cahoots with her baby brother and he got her to wait in her room while he opened the door for me. Finally knocked on her room door with the bear in one hand and the sunflower in the other. She peeked out. She was REALLY REALLY surprised. So surprised in fact she closed the door on me. And when she finally opened the door, she was gushing and I was grinning. Gave her the bear and then the flower. She was so happy she gave me a big big hug. And if I'm not mistaken, she was so happy she cried. Yeah, that was how I celebrated one of her birthdays.
Of course when the friendship / relationship soured, I found out she gave the bear to the salvation army. That f****** bear cost me $70+++ and it took me pains to save up that amount. That amount was a big f****** deal to a 16 year old on pocket money! Well that taught me a valuable lesson about buying expensive gifts for a girl. You never know when it'll be tossed into the bin.
In any case the date just opened a floodgate of memories. Mostly good ones though. Oh, in case she's reading, please please don't think I still have feelings for you? I haven't thought about you in years. Just that some of the good memories I had of you are still intact. Please don't come up to me in church after X'mas eve mass this year just to tell me you're 'happily attached' like how you did 2 years ago? I get it! You and that bugger are happily attached. And I'm truly happy for you but mostly cause I COULDN'T CARE LESS!
Happy belated birthday to an old acquaintance @ 2301hrs
2 Comments:
aiy...
i sense negative vibes in the midst again.
serina
Negative vibes? *raises eyebrows*
You know I would've liked your gender and name to be a mystery to me for a few more days. I enjoyed the suspense. Anyhow you can find me on MSN whenever you're ready.
Serina, in Latin it means calm. I do hope you have that effect on people. It'll help my blood pressure. You're the first Serina I know and it's a nice name. ;o)
Post a Comment
<< Home