Your ribeye steak, sir *Indian accent*
2212hrs: Just came home from dinner at Jack's Place. Well the dining experience was a little odd. Personally I think that restaurant has deproved over the years. I've been eating at Jack's Place occasionally over the past decade. I remember the place possessed a lot more class when I was a wide-eyed 11 year old. Tonight's experience was that of dining at your barely there restaurant rather than a respectable eatery for western cuisine. It was odd because nearly all the waiters there were indian nationals. Don't you find it weird that you're in a steakhouse and the waiter who's taking your order has a thick indian accent? The place seemed to be flooded with people who barely spoke proper English. And it's a WESTERN eatery! The girl who smeared sour cream and bacon bits on my potato was a Chinese national. The Auntie who brought me my lobster bisque spoke like she was taking drink orders in a coffeeshop. I have no qualms about hiring foreign workers or those who speak little English. But think of the ambience! What happened to the childhood steakhouse I know and loved? I would've gotten better service at any of the newer dining hangouts(i.e. Fish & Co, Spaghettis or even Pastamania).
The ribeye I had was nothing special. Heck, the standard was on par with the steak I get at a Toa Payoh coffeeshop at half the price. The grilling of the steak was excellent though. It's what a medium well should be. The steak was tender with enough blood left in it to let you know you're chewing on red meat. Overall, I give the steak one up on the half price ones I get at the coffeeshop. Nothing more.
The dinner was quick. I couldn't get out of there quick enough cause it sounded like a market place. Are steakhouses suppose to be this noisy? Or are my over sensitive ears just being demanding?
I know I shouldn't be eating steak right now @ 2226hrs
The ribeye I had was nothing special. Heck, the standard was on par with the steak I get at a Toa Payoh coffeeshop at half the price. The grilling of the steak was excellent though. It's what a medium well should be. The steak was tender with enough blood left in it to let you know you're chewing on red meat. Overall, I give the steak one up on the half price ones I get at the coffeeshop. Nothing more.
The dinner was quick. I couldn't get out of there quick enough cause it sounded like a market place. Are steakhouses suppose to be this noisy? Or are my over sensitive ears just being demanding?
I know I shouldn't be eating steak right now @ 2226hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home