Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Not my pants again

1450hrs: So I went to see a specialist for my high blood pressure today. The female doctor told me to go lie down on the bed cause she wanted to take my pulse from different points of my body. She started from my feet, then my wrists and my chest. Then she finally said, 'Take off your pants, I need to check your groin area'. I immediately cringed at those words. The last time I obeyed a bespectacled female doctor with the same request, I got an uncomfortable, unforgettable experience(read horror story here ). Dammit! What's with bespectacled female doctors and my pants huh? They don't even bother to get to know me first before getting my pants off. Why can't they do their examinations without me having to lose my pants? So there I was cowering in fear with my pants down, at her mercy. To my relief, she just prodded the sides around my 'package' and nothing more. *phew* I was spared the squeezing and cupping.

So the doctor still isn't sure if I've got high blood pressure. But today's reading was 160/70. Which is still high. She says I might be suffering from white coat blood pressure. Where a patient's blood presure shoots up when they're in the presence of a doctor or at the hospital. Personally I have no qualms about going to the hospital as long as the doctor isn't female and bespectacled. But maybe my subconcious is afraid of docs? Well to get that answered I've gotta go down on Monday to be equipped with a device for monitoring my blood pressure over a 24 hour period. It would give a more comprehensive diagnosis. Let's hope and pray I don't have high blood pressure. *fingers crossed*

Glad to have my pants back on @ 1506hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home