Sunday, November 12, 2006

Grazed skin

2202hrs: Helped move furniture to my cousin's new place today. And it was a workout. I was so afraid moving the heavy stuff might aggravate my busted ankle but thankfully it seems to be holding together. The new place does look pretty good though. And apparently condominiums are a lot cheaper than I thought they were(sorry, I don't pay much attention to property). Had a good chat with my cousin's friend about his 2.0 litre Honda Integra GSR. Even got to ride in it when we headed out for lunch. Well, I should be able to make an objective comparison since I've been in it's 'brawlier' bretheren, the Honda Integra Type-R. Seems like this is turning into an impromptu car review. Oh what the heck...

Let's compare some figures...

Honda Integra Type-R(DC5)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Engine: 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC+PGM-FI (Naturally Aspirated)
Max Power: 217BHP at 8000RPM
Max Torque: 206Nm at 4000RPM
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual gearbox (Front Wheel Drive)
Weight: 1180kg
0 - 100km/h: N/A
Top Speed: 235km/h

Honda Integra GSR
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Engine: 2.0L 4 cylinder DOHC i-VTEC (Naturally Aspirated)
Max Power: 160BHP at 6500RPM
Max Torque: 191Nm at 4000RPM
Transmission: 5 Speed Automatic(with limited manual override, Front Wheel Drive)
Weight: 1180kg
0 - 100km/h: 9.8 seconds
Top Speed: 190km/h

The figures are quite similar other than for the obvious power differences. The Integra Type-R(ITR) however is a more enthusiast oriented car evident in it's stiffer suspension set-up, Recaro racing buckets and it's 6 speed manual. Where as the Integra GSR(I-GSR) is a somewhat 'softer' car more suited to the luxury coupe buyer. It comes with semi-bucket seats, a much lower revving engine and a 5 speed auto. Many a car enthusiasts will scorn at the auto box cause it takes away the sheer thrill of switching cogs and maximising the engine's top-end power. The ITR visualised for occasional track use comes with a stiffer suspension set-up. Which in everyday road conditions makes sure every pot hole you run over doesn't slip you by. The I-GSR's ride however is still pretty hard compared to other coupes but a heaven away from the ITR. In my opinion however, if you want a pose mobile, go for the Integra GSR. It's sporty stylings will still get you the cuties if you're single and it's gentle ride coupled with 'civillised' performance will lull your baby boy to sleep as opposed to a brain haemorrhage in the Type-R version.

I'm sorry the review sounded so dry. I kinda lost interest when I had to spend 30mins looking for the specs.

Anyways back to moving. So while moving a cupboard today, I sufferred a nice graze on my forearm while adjusting my grip. Leaving a nice looking bruise. But I guess it was worth it? My cousin told me I could go over anytime to use the swimming pool. Finally! No more jostling with the overcrowded public pools on weekends! Hmm....I wonder if there're cuties at the condo pool. *grin*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My slightly grazed forearm.

Can't wait to check out the pool @ 2306hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home