Thursday, June 28, 2007

European invasion

2218hrs: I seem to be logging a serious lot of European visitors this evening. I've had people from Netherlands, Portugal, Germany, Belgium and ICELAND visiting my blog. I thought it was worth a mention considering visitors to my blog usually come from a local server.

Work has been murder! I mean seriously. I've been working non stop all week even though I've been feeling a little below the weather. I didn't even dare take medical leave on Monday. The work just doesn't end. My colleagues and manager tells me this happens every year cause of the Financial Year closing. Everyone is trying to rush stuff. My manager(who's a very kind lady) told me to take a breather whenever I can. Tomorrow is it! I'm on half day leave tomorrow to watch Transformers! I booked my ticket a week ago! Yes I know, that's a little early but I'm excited to see the show! I even contemplated bringing my Starscream transformer along for the show just to add to the mood. Nah...just kidding. I'm not crazy enough to bring my S$150 Starscream outta the house. The thing isn't really a toy. It's more of a model. I finally collected it today and spent my lunch time exploring it. I didn't want to transform the thing cause I've been told it takes a long time and the parts are rather fragile. So you really have to treat it with lots of TLC. I freaked when little bits of plastic fell off when I tried to move the wing. Thankfully it was just excess plastic and nothing's broken. I will post pics of it soon when I've got time to take some proper pictures over the weekend. I have a Skywarp transformer on order as well which arrives in the first week of September. I've got a special storyline thought up for these two Decepticons and I can't wait to put it together.Think it's gonna be quite hilarious.

My throat infection has transformed*transformer sound effect* itself into an annoying cough. I've been coughing so much lately. Especially at night when I'm falling asleep. It seems reminiscent of the Tekong cough I had during my BMT where every night I was coughing my lungs out. I coughed till it hurt. The meds the doctor prescribed have pretty much cured my scratchy throat but I didn't get any meds for the cough. So I'll probably have to see the doc again tomorrow evening. It's a bloody waste of time to drag my tired ass down to the clinic. I hate it.

I can't see any reprieve at work until at least the 3rd week of July. I have a bunch of Quarterly Financial Reports to prepare once the Financial Year closes. I'm finding it really tough to keep a study schedule alongside a work schedule. One good thing did happen today though. I was told about how much I'll get in my bonus next month. Oh and I got a raise. It's not much but at least it's something. The sad part of it all is that all the bonus is gonna be paid to my Aunt for the new aircon. I can't complain cause I am the major user of the aircon. They wouldn't even have installed it if it weren't for me. The bonus was suppose to give my dirtbike fund a boost but as it stands, the fund is currently zero. The schedule to get my bike is getting pushed back further every month. Sometimes I think I might not even be able to afford one if this continues. I need at least 7 months to comfortably afford the bike I want. *sigh*

I'm getting depressed thinking about the bike.....I should go.

Ben's ailed with a stupid cough and a possibility that he might never get his bike @ 2241hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home