Saturday, June 23, 2007

OMG it's an M5!

2225hrs: Had to miss hiking with the guys today cause of my sudden onset of flu. But it wasn't bad enough to keep me from having lunch with them though. Lunch was alright but as the afternoon wore on, the feverish feeling caused by the flu came back. Especially on my way home. I was actually going home by bus but half way I just couldn't take it anymore so I got off and hopped in a cab for the rest of the way.

On the way home I spotted one those rare unicorns in Singapore. The cab was stopped at the lights next to this BMW 5 series. But this 5 series looked awfully special. I mean the wheels were huge and the brakes peeking out from behind them were massive cross drilled vented rotors. It took me a little over a minute to push though the 'stonedness' to realise I was sitting next to a S$400,000++ BMW M5. I mean it could've been one of those normal 5 series with an extensive M5 bodykit but this one just didn't look fake. I swear I was staring at the real thing. It had an aura about it that was unmistakably M5. I mean from the quad tailpipes to the massive wheels and the little M5 badge on the bonnet screamed M5. I was truly staring at the E60 V10 500bhp Bavarian monster I so loved. Growing up I was absolutely infatuated with the previous E39 400bhp M5 but it's hard not to like the latest incarnation. What with a 7 speed gear box, 500bhp and a HUD(that's fighter jet technology right there) that projects your speed and revs on the windshield, what's not to like?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
You can clearly spot the chromed quad tailpipes in this pic. Too bad I couldn't get the M5 badge though.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The distinctive M5 side vents.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It took me another half a min before I realised I've got a halfway decent digicam in my new phone and I could actually take a snapshot of it to post on my blog. The pic doesn't show the quad tailpipes as well as I'd like but I whipped out the phone too late and by then the traffic had already begun moving. Still being in the presence of this beast was really something else. At least now I know this beast exists in Singapore. I've seen the E39 M5 a couple of times in Singapore as well but I was never truly convinced I was staring at the real thing. I mean the distinctive quad tailpipes were there but I just wasn't convinced. As far as I know, the E39 M5s I've seen so far were just 5 series cars with convincing M5 bodykits.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My old favourite.....the V8 400bhp E39 M5. I personally love both the new and old M5s in Alpine Blue like the one I saw today.

There's nothing like seeing the real beast itself @ 2247hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home