Monday, November 27, 2006

Wet surfaces...

0005hrs: It's been a long tough week. I've been worrying about my high blood pressure and it just soured my mood for the entire week. I'm angry with myself. I'm angry that I've let my health slide to it's current state. I haven't been taking good care of myself. I've been lazy. I've lost that spring in my step. I'm no longer athletic. The abs have been replaced with flab. I'm no longer able to do 16 chin-ups at a go. Hell, I can't even do one these days. I feel weak, I feel useless and I feel old. I've promised myself to hit the gym and get back on a cycling regime once the flu is gone and when my ankle is fully healed. I'm in my early 20s! I should be at my peak physical health but I'm not. They say your 20s are the best time to build up muscle mass in preparation for the muscle loss you experience in your 30s. I think it's about time I reinstate my physical prowess. I want that feeling of invincibility back. I wanna be superman again like how I was during my teens.

Oh, I cycled today even though I'm not supposed to. Well the ankle isn't as stiff anymore and I've been feeling down. I really needed a good ride to clear my head. The weather was great and I just couldn't resist. So I suited up and jumped on my baby. JC reminded me to take it slow. But it's so hard because my bike is so smooth, it breaks the sound barrier with ease. I did try though. The ankle felt good enough so I went all out. And then I crashed. Yes, I got catapulted off my bike. Here's how it happened. The road was wet and I've got semi-slick tires on my bike that don't work too well in the rain. In the dry, they give me excellent grip and speed but they're next to useless in the wet. I was so excited to be back on my bike, I just sped around the park without a care in the world. I miss my bike! I came to a sharp corner, locked up the brakes but I continued sliding towards the pavement. I got launched off the handle bar just before my bike hit the pavement. I managed to leap off and landed on my feet without any injury. Other than the chain being knocked off the gears, my baby was fine. So I spent 10 minutes trying to get the chain back on and I was back speeding around the park again in no time. Albeit with greasy black stained hands. But I was happy. I was really really happy. I've missed riding my bike so so much. Falling and crashing are just part of the fun in cycling. I can't wait to cycle seriously again. Let's see what the doc says this Friday when I see him. I do hope it's good news.

It was really nice to take today to do the things I love. I've been feeling so 'trapped' in the office. I mean working in this current job is great. My colleagues are unbelievably nice. The working environment is relaxed without any of the hypocrisy I experienced in the last workplace(Army). But I can't stand being shackled to a desk for too long. I'll go mad! I need the weekly dose of adrenaline to let me know I'm still alive. And I feel most alive when I'm whizzing around on my bike. It's the only thing that sets me free. Getting a motorcycle is just the next logical step for me. I can't wait to start riding lessons.

Just happy to feel alive again @ 0026hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home