Daughters
2213hrs: While on the train today, I saw this really adorable little girl sitting on her grand-dad's lap. She's probably Eurasian cause of her very caucasian features and had very fair skin while her grand-dad was totally Chinese. And also because I saw her name on the school file her grand-dad was carrying. It's a long caucasian name. She had such cute bambi-like brown eyes. She was just sitting on her grand-dad's lap whiling away and I couldn't help but smile . I know I want a daughter like that some day. If and when I do, it's a certainty she'll be a spoilt little princess. I've always found daughters more affectionate and adorable than boys. I have a little niece who shares my birthday and she's such an intelligent, adorable little being. The things she says sometimes just crack me up. I enjoyed having the little girl sitting on my lap while watching Lilo & Stitch together. I was amazed at how much she's grown when I saw her on Sunday. She's already 6! Pretty soon I wouldn't be able to carry her anymore. You know, I never paid much attention to my other nieces and nephews but yeah, this little one is my favourite. I'm gonna get her a nice teddy bear for X'mas. Heh.
I wonder if I'll be a good dad and husband some day. I know I won't have to play those roles for at least another decade or so but I have found myself thinking such thoughts on occasion. Honestly though I don't think I have anything to worry about. I haven't even met a person I actually love yet and I'm not even sure if I ever will.
What's wrong with me? I seem to be a lot more tolerant towards kids these days. Is that just an indication I'm growing old? But I still find some teenage girls annoying. Like today, there were a bunch screaming and giggling on the train and making a helluva a lot of noise. It was so bad I couldn't read! The noise conjured up images of dart guns loaded with tranquillizer darts. Come on be glad all I dreamt about was a dart gun and not a suppressed Beretta M9 ok? Dammit, I miss my Shure E2Cs already. Yeah, I just sent them for replacement today. The ones that were dragged for a distance outside the cab once?
Seeing the little girl today reminded me of this song....
I Wish I Could by Colin Raye
Looking out my window
See you playing in the leaves
It's amazing how a little girl
Means all the world to me
When I tell you that I love you
I love you more than words can say
Smile, say cheese pretty-please
I wanna take your picture
How'd you ever get so big
I gotta take your picture
Hold on to the memory before the whole thing slips away
I wish I could save these moments
And put 'em in a jar
I wish I could stop the world from turning
Keep things just the way they are
I wish I could shelter you from everything
Not pure and sweet and good
I know I can't, I know I can't
But I wish I could
When you kiss me for no reason
It goes straight to my heart
When I feel your arms around me
I almost fall apart
It's time for bed you whisper
Daddy, we forgot to pray
I wish I could save these moments
And put 'em in a jar
I wish I could stop the world from turning
Keep things just the way they are
I wish I could shelter you from everything
Not pure and sweet and good
I know I can't, I know I can't
But I wish I could
And when I watch you sleeping
All my worries fade away
A little bit of heaven glows on your angelic face
I wish I could save these moments
And put 'em in a jar
I wish I could stop the world from turning
Keep things just the way they are
I wish I could shelter you from everything
Not pure and sweet and good
I know I can't, I know I can't
I know I can't
But I wish I could
Such a nice song isn't it? @ 2243hrs
I wonder if I'll be a good dad and husband some day. I know I won't have to play those roles for at least another decade or so but I have found myself thinking such thoughts on occasion. Honestly though I don't think I have anything to worry about. I haven't even met a person I actually love yet and I'm not even sure if I ever will.
What's wrong with me? I seem to be a lot more tolerant towards kids these days. Is that just an indication I'm growing old? But I still find some teenage girls annoying. Like today, there were a bunch screaming and giggling on the train and making a helluva a lot of noise. It was so bad I couldn't read! The noise conjured up images of dart guns loaded with tranquillizer darts. Come on be glad all I dreamt about was a dart gun and not a suppressed Beretta M9 ok? Dammit, I miss my Shure E2Cs already. Yeah, I just sent them for replacement today. The ones that were dragged for a distance outside the cab once?
Seeing the little girl today reminded me of this song....
I Wish I Could by Colin Raye
Looking out my window
See you playing in the leaves
It's amazing how a little girl
Means all the world to me
When I tell you that I love you
I love you more than words can say
Smile, say cheese pretty-please
I wanna take your picture
How'd you ever get so big
I gotta take your picture
Hold on to the memory before the whole thing slips away
I wish I could save these moments
And put 'em in a jar
I wish I could stop the world from turning
Keep things just the way they are
I wish I could shelter you from everything
Not pure and sweet and good
I know I can't, I know I can't
But I wish I could
When you kiss me for no reason
It goes straight to my heart
When I feel your arms around me
I almost fall apart
It's time for bed you whisper
Daddy, we forgot to pray
I wish I could save these moments
And put 'em in a jar
I wish I could stop the world from turning
Keep things just the way they are
I wish I could shelter you from everything
Not pure and sweet and good
I know I can't, I know I can't
But I wish I could
And when I watch you sleeping
All my worries fade away
A little bit of heaven glows on your angelic face
I wish I could save these moments
And put 'em in a jar
I wish I could stop the world from turning
Keep things just the way they are
I wish I could shelter you from everything
Not pure and sweet and good
I know I can't, I know I can't
I know I can't
But I wish I could
Such a nice song isn't it? @ 2243hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home