Freddy Fender
2233hrs: If you're the same age or younger than me, you probably wouldn't know the artiste above. He's an artiste from a very long time ago. I read in yesterday's Straits Times(Life! section) he passed away due to lung cancer last Saturday. He died at 69. The reason I think he's worth mentioning is because in 1975 he sang a song 'Before The Next Teardrop Falls' which turned out to be one of my all time favourite love songs. The lyrics are about selfless love. Which I can identify with.
I'm sorry. Having a crush on sunshine girl aka bambi is making me more in touch with my emotions than I usually am. But I'm giving up on liking her soon. I'm just happy being her good pal. Too old for crushes and gushing like a school boy.
Anyways back to Fender. His soulful tenor struck a chord with many when he sang that song. It became an instant hit then. It's gotta be pretty good if it managed to get my attention right? He was recorded saying in an interview recently, "I'm one year away from 70 and I've had a good run,". I wonder if I'll ever have the courage to say that at 69. But here's to a great artiste.
Before The Next Teardrop Falls by Freddy Fender
If he brings you happiness
Then I wish you all the best
It's your happiness that matters most of all
But if he ever breaks your heart
If the teardrops ever startI'll be there before the next teardrop falls
Si te quiere de verdad
Y te da felicidad
Te deseo lo mas bueno pa' los dos
Pero si te hace llorar
A mi me puedes hablar
Y estare contigo cuando triste estas
I'll be there any time
You need me by your side
To dry away
Every teardrop that you cried
And if he ever leaves you blue
Just remember I love you
I'll be there before the next teardrop falls
And I'll be there before the next teardrop falls
@ 2302hrs
I'm sorry. Having a crush on sunshine girl aka bambi is making me more in touch with my emotions than I usually am. But I'm giving up on liking her soon. I'm just happy being her good pal. Too old for crushes and gushing like a school boy.
Anyways back to Fender. His soulful tenor struck a chord with many when he sang that song. It became an instant hit then. It's gotta be pretty good if it managed to get my attention right? He was recorded saying in an interview recently, "I'm one year away from 70 and I've had a good run,". I wonder if I'll ever have the courage to say that at 69. But here's to a great artiste.
Before The Next Teardrop Falls by Freddy Fender
If he brings you happiness
Then I wish you all the best
It's your happiness that matters most of all
But if he ever breaks your heart
If the teardrops ever startI'll be there before the next teardrop falls
Si te quiere de verdad
Y te da felicidad
Te deseo lo mas bueno pa' los dos
Pero si te hace llorar
A mi me puedes hablar
Y estare contigo cuando triste estas
I'll be there any time
You need me by your side
To dry away
Every teardrop that you cried
And if he ever leaves you blue
Just remember I love you
I'll be there before the next teardrop falls
And I'll be there before the next teardrop falls
@ 2302hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home