Wednesday, October 18, 2006

166/92.....crap

1304hrs: Just came home not long ago from my visit to the doc. Been having 'suspected' food poisoning. Don't ask me what I ate cause I really don't know. I think it maybe caused by the peppermint sweets I've been eating in the office. If I'm not mistaken, peppermint has a laxative effect if taken in large enough amounts. The food poisoning isn't the cause for concern here.

Out of habit I asked the doc to take my blood pressure. He had a concerned look on his face when he took the first reading. It was 155/80. He said it's a little too high. So he took a second reading to make sure. It went up to 166/92. He looked worried. Which got me worried. He says I need to go back for another check-up just in case. Alright, during my army stint I had high blood pressure now and then due to lack of sleep and stress(cause of the damned auditing!). I've been experiencing troubled sleep the last two nights cause of the upset stomach. I was feeling nauseous yesterday as well which forced me to leave work at 2pm. I'm hoping(fingers crossed) that the blood pressure is just a spike just like all the other times I've had isolated high BP.

There's always been a concern that I might 'inherit' my Mum's high BP & diabetes cause she was diagnosed with those things while carrying me in her womb. So she's been pretty concerned bout that. But me, being me I've been eating whatever I fancy. Been chucking steaks from that western food stall Janan introduced me every now and then. And savouring every piece of fat. Been adding butter to almost everything the last couple of weeks as well.

Think I gotta overhaul my entire diet and make a huge effort to exercise consistently. I've really been too careless with my health. I already have a myriad of medical conditions which although not serious, can get a little bothersome sometimes. I've got busted kneecaps, a slightly bad back, moderate to severe myopia, asthma and acne(sensitive skin). I don't want diabetes and hypertension to be added to that list as well. Ok, I promise no more red meat for the next 3 months. Consistent exercise and eat more fruits and vegetables.

I've kept the voracious appetite from my teens but my body's metabolism has slowed somewhat. Thus I'm getting fatter round the middle. Which I've been trying to lose but it gets a little difficult. I miss my abs now and I can't even see their outline anymore.

Hmm...maybe the blood pressure's caused by the excitement I've been having over sunshine girl? Oh and sunshine girl will from now on be known as Bambi. Will explain the change in her nick another time. For now, the meds for my diarrhoea's making me a little woozy. I really should get some rest.

fluked BP @ 1321hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home