People are getting weird
1954hrs: Did I go to sleep last week and find myself in an alternate dimension the next morning? Strange things been happening to me in the past week. Last Friday, I introduced myself to M and by night I find myself referred to as Mr Hunk on her blog(Alex, Leo, Dom(& J), stop it! I can see the bunch of you sniggering behind your screens!). And things are going so well with sunshine girl. I even got her number last night! I was up till 1am talking to her. We talked about everything under the sun for 3+ hours until she chased me off to bed. On Saturday while I was sunbathing this bikini clad girl who was in the pool near to where I was, kept staring at me. I had my sunglasses on and she probably didn't know tha I she was staring. And I started getting self-conscious and thought she must've been staring at my enormous gut. But I was lying on my tummy! I shrugged that off.
Then on my way down the stairs to my house, I saw my neighbour. Alright let me tell you bout this neighbour. You would never tell that she has a daughter my age if you ever saw her. I bet 20 years ago she set fire to the loins of many men whenever she walked past(she probably still does to the mature crowd). And I always feel so odd calling her 'Auntie' everytime we meet like I should be calling 'jie jie' instead. Anyways I called out to her and we conversed for awhile in my broken mandarin. And she exclaims in subdued excitement. "Wah!, hen jiu mei you jian dao ni,ni zhang de hen shuai le hor?"(forgive the hanyu pin yin. Anyways translated it says, "Wow, I haven't seen you in awhile. Boy have you grown better-looking since"). I just gave her the 'huh?' look and she says 'Really!'.
And she goes on asking if I've done anything different recently to my acne scars cause according to her, they've healed up very nicely. And she's seen me during my teens when the acne was in full bloom!
What's going on here? Am I not supposed to be the awkward teen whom girls never bothered to give a second glance? I don't understand all this attention I've been getting recently. And during my conversation with sunshine girl, she tells me I look good. Especially in a pair of jeans and a shirt. I'm left 'huhing' again. She even asked if I've lost weight(Dom! Quit sniggering!) recently. Cause she says I look a little more plump in the pictures on friendster. She says I look a lot slimmer now. Of course she hasn't seen the enormous gut residing below the nice shirt! I'm left 'huhing' again.
I've had a long tough battle with my acne since I was 13. Both with the nicknames people used to call me and with the embarrassment of pimples popping after some rough-housing with the guys. The acne came on very suddenly. At the beginning of my 13th year, I had baby smooth skin for a face. But by X'mas, it was dotted with so much acne you would've been hardpressed to find a patch of clear skin. The acne never went away until recent years. But in the battle with acne, there's no clear winners or losers. I have the scars to remind me what I've gone through and the occasional pimple still pops up. The acne was inevitable cause it's in the genes. My Uncles got it a lot worse than I. The funny thing was it skipped my Dad completely but both my bro and I bore the brunt of it. It was worse for me though. I do hope this thing will skip another generation. I wouldn't want my boy(if I have kids, God forbid) to ever go through what I had to. The shying away, the crying and endless nights of asking 'Why me?'. Thus I'm not too bothered by the scars that remain. I'm just thankful the worst of it is over. It's healing time.
Is all this someone's cruel alternate dimension joke(think Sliders)?
Still 'huhing' @ 2030hrs
Then on my way down the stairs to my house, I saw my neighbour. Alright let me tell you bout this neighbour. You would never tell that she has a daughter my age if you ever saw her. I bet 20 years ago she set fire to the loins of many men whenever she walked past(she probably still does to the mature crowd). And I always feel so odd calling her 'Auntie' everytime we meet like I should be calling 'jie jie' instead. Anyways I called out to her and we conversed for awhile in my broken mandarin. And she exclaims in subdued excitement. "Wah!, hen jiu mei you jian dao ni,ni zhang de hen shuai le hor?"(forgive the hanyu pin yin. Anyways translated it says, "Wow, I haven't seen you in awhile. Boy have you grown better-looking since"). I just gave her the 'huh?' look and she says 'Really!'.
And she goes on asking if I've done anything different recently to my acne scars cause according to her, they've healed up very nicely. And she's seen me during my teens when the acne was in full bloom!
What's going on here? Am I not supposed to be the awkward teen whom girls never bothered to give a second glance? I don't understand all this attention I've been getting recently. And during my conversation with sunshine girl, she tells me I look good. Especially in a pair of jeans and a shirt. I'm left 'huhing' again. She even asked if I've lost weight(Dom! Quit sniggering!) recently. Cause she says I look a little more plump in the pictures on friendster. She says I look a lot slimmer now. Of course she hasn't seen the enormous gut residing below the nice shirt! I'm left 'huhing' again.
I've had a long tough battle with my acne since I was 13. Both with the nicknames people used to call me and with the embarrassment of pimples popping after some rough-housing with the guys. The acne came on very suddenly. At the beginning of my 13th year, I had baby smooth skin for a face. But by X'mas, it was dotted with so much acne you would've been hardpressed to find a patch of clear skin. The acne never went away until recent years. But in the battle with acne, there's no clear winners or losers. I have the scars to remind me what I've gone through and the occasional pimple still pops up. The acne was inevitable cause it's in the genes. My Uncles got it a lot worse than I. The funny thing was it skipped my Dad completely but both my bro and I bore the brunt of it. It was worse for me though. I do hope this thing will skip another generation. I wouldn't want my boy(if I have kids, God forbid) to ever go through what I had to. The shying away, the crying and endless nights of asking 'Why me?'. Thus I'm not too bothered by the scars that remain. I'm just thankful the worst of it is over. It's healing time.
Is all this someone's cruel alternate dimension joke(think Sliders)?
Still 'huhing' @ 2030hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home