Thursday, September 14, 2006

Quick death....

0355hrs: .......fiery but quick. I don't know why but recently I've been having an overwhelming infatuation with superbikes. I believe it was after watching Dr. House (from House M.D.) ride an a agressive looking Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade in Repsol colours. I don't know but I believe it's the colours that get to me. It took me awhile to identify the bike in House before I realise it's a Fireblade.

I've always been a fan of big bikes. Like the Yamaha YZF-R1 with it's underseat exhausts. I love the agressive slashes down it's sides. And it gives me a great excuse to get a leather jacket. Heh. But design wise, the Ducati 916 is still the one. I've known about this bike for awhile now but I always thought it to be too expensive. But a quick check on a local bike forum shows this bike is now available secondhand at between S$9500 - S$11000. Ducatis are considered the Ferrari among bikes and for good reason. It's performance and design is remeniscent of it's prancing countrymen. I was looking forward to getting one later on in life until I read that they're hell for maintenence and having really weird problems. Like chassis cracks and stuff. If I wanted reliability and ease of maintenence, I'm better off with the Japanese makes.

But if in future I've got some spare cash lying around, I wouldn't mind getting a Rosso Red Ducati 916 just for display in my living room as an art piece. Paying homage to it's excellent styling. It really is exhilarating just to look at.

I'm inspired to get my bike license now but it's a long and even more labourious process than getting a driver's license. And at best, it'll take 3 years before I'm licensed to ride a 1 litre bike. But I guess I'll just have to be patient.

I guess what really attracts me to these monsterous machines is the incredible acceleration and speed. The speed and acceleration of these machines are comparable if not better than their 4 wheeled counterparts albeit with little protection. And I just find that fat rear tire such a turn on. Heh.

I know it's dangerous. And it has a great potential of killing me in the process. But I guess I'm looking for land based thrill replacements since I can't be a fighter pilot anymore. And I still need that adrenaline fix now and then and in bigger doses.

House on his bike...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Max Speed: 185MPH (298KM/H)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My other favourite. The Yamaha YZF-R1, Max Speed: 189MPH (305KM/H)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The R1's 600cc younger brother. Yamaha YZF-R6, Max Speed: 174MPH (280KM/H)

Mad about bikes 0413hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home