Broken Leg Part Deux
2349hrs: I couldn't sleep well last night. The pain was just too intense. Went to bed at 2am but jolted awake at 5am to this incredible pain. With the light on I noticed my ankle had swollen to twice it's original size. And what was once bony is now swollen. So I decided to just get up and go to the A&E early. Had my cereals while watching Bad Boys II and got hooked in the process. Left home at 0945hrs instead. The movie ended an hour earlier but I wanted to avoid the exorbitant peak hour surcharge. Took me 5mins to get from the 4th floor to the ground floor. One step at a time. No matter how little I try to use my right foot, there'll be pain.
Arrived at the A&E and was put in a wheelchair while waiting for the doc. The wheelchair was a Godsend. I can't imagine having to walk all over the place in this state. But even when I'm sitting, the pain's still there.
Saw the doc(which was a nice lady btw) and the diagnosis was a torn ligament in the ankle. She said it'll take about 2 weeks to fully recover and in the mean time I should just rest, pop the painkillers regularly and ice it periodically.
I came home, had instant noodles for lunch then popped the painkillers. The painkillers were the only thing that allowed me a good rest. I slept for 5hrs without jolting awake. And the pain in the ankle is now controlled. As long as I don't twist it or pitch it, it doesn't hurt. It's bandaged to keep it stable and compressed.
It's a bloody shame that I won't be able to catch the fireworks festival tomorrow at the Esplanade. But I hope I'll recover enough to catch the NDP fireworks next week though. Alright the only reason I'm going is cause of the airshow. I haven't seen an Apache Longbow since 2000.
It sucks that out of the blue I gotta spend $90 on this injury. $70 on the doc and $20 for the cab fare to and fro. I have no idea how it happened but it did. It was a freak accident. I just hope there'll be no permanent damage to my ankle. The doc says it's hard to tell. But I hope it won't be permanent.

The result of my little pirouette on the pavement.
Hmm...I think the painkiller's wearing off. The aching pain's starting to come back.
Still in pain @ 0022hrs
Arrived at the A&E and was put in a wheelchair while waiting for the doc. The wheelchair was a Godsend. I can't imagine having to walk all over the place in this state. But even when I'm sitting, the pain's still there.
Saw the doc(which was a nice lady btw) and the diagnosis was a torn ligament in the ankle. She said it'll take about 2 weeks to fully recover and in the mean time I should just rest, pop the painkillers regularly and ice it periodically.
I came home, had instant noodles for lunch then popped the painkillers. The painkillers were the only thing that allowed me a good rest. I slept for 5hrs without jolting awake. And the pain in the ankle is now controlled. As long as I don't twist it or pitch it, it doesn't hurt. It's bandaged to keep it stable and compressed.
It's a bloody shame that I won't be able to catch the fireworks festival tomorrow at the Esplanade. But I hope I'll recover enough to catch the NDP fireworks next week though. Alright the only reason I'm going is cause of the airshow. I haven't seen an Apache Longbow since 2000.
It sucks that out of the blue I gotta spend $90 on this injury. $70 on the doc and $20 for the cab fare to and fro. I have no idea how it happened but it did. It was a freak accident. I just hope there'll be no permanent damage to my ankle. The doc says it's hard to tell. But I hope it won't be permanent.

The result of my little pirouette on the pavement.
Hmm...I think the painkiller's wearing off. The aching pain's starting to come back.
Still in pain @ 0022hrs
1 Comments:
Take care of the foot..
I'm still suffering from that badminton injury of mine..
Post a Comment
<< Home