Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Things I evidently do not miss...

0117hrs: It's 1 in the morning, way past my usual bedtime. But I'm on medical leave for 2 days. Woo hoo! Which translates into a ONE day week for me. I'll return to base on Wed then request for off on Thurs and Friday's a compulsory off day. Which works out to a very short and sweet week for me. But of course my short week is not what inspired this entry.

I was just reading an old friend's entry on his blog. Hearing accounts of the frustration that his fairer one has been giving him. About how the girl throws a tantrum and how he always has to be the peacemaker and give in. I've always hated that sort of behaviour and I'm all too happy to announce that I haven't had to put up with such. And if I've had to, the only peacekeeper I know is a 88 ton, 22 metre ICBM that reaches 6,000 Miles going at Mach 20 and costing USD$70,000,000.00.

I'll never put up with a girl that will always want it HER way. Even though I'm a spoilt brat myself. Then again it's precisely the reason that I'm a spoilt brat that lowers my tolerance for such behaviour. I'm not saying I won't dote on a girl. I'll love and dote a girl well but I won't endorse any nonsense she might decide to throw my way.

I guess it's such evidence that doesn't make me miss not having someone to hold. I do hope for someone a little more 'grown up' but still manages to retain a girly charm. It's a fine balance, I know but I've seen it before. Even in a 29 year old lady though less obvious. But still I don't seem to be searching. A temporary companion/friend yes, but not a life partner. Think I'm starting to lose the objective of this entry. I'll end now.

Glossary

ICBM - Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile

Mach - Speed of sound, i.e. Mach 20, 20 times the speed of sound

Still conflicted at 0152hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home