Monday, February 14, 2005

Sound out, drowned out

2114hrs: It's been a long week. One met with many discoveries. I blew S$170 on a pair of Shures last Saturday and that's more than half my pay mind you. I bought the earphones upon recommendation from my friend and the things are nothing short of amazing. For the first time in my life, I can hear my classical music in FULL while on the MRT without the wind noise drowning out the music. I love them even though it's abit of a hassle putting them on. Cause there are steps you must follow in order to get it plugged in correctly. But once it's plugged, the whole world around you becomes serene. It cancels out the ambient noise so well that you feel a little giddy using it while walking around cause your brain can't coincide what it's seeing and hearing together. A good description would be like watching an MTV. You see the images but you don't hear the 'normal' sounds like a bus going by, all you hear is music. A friend of mine quipped that these earphones are gonna work so well that it'll kill me. I've been tempted to wear it while cycling but that'll be suicidal. Doesn't matter my bike's installed with rear view mirrors, I'll still crash one way or the other.

I've just discovered yesterday that my waistline has ballooned from 30.5 inches same time last year to 33 inches this year. And it's all fat. The pants I bought last year are 31 inches. Just right for me but now I've gotta squeeze in with the belt hanging below my enormous gut. I worked out today at the gym trying to set things right. I did 2 sets of bicep curls 10 reps on each arm, tricep lift 12-15 reps each and 30 sit-ups. The sit-ups were the hardest yet. And it seems so difficult compared to when I last used this routine(which was 5 years ago). But I guess it just means I'm outta shape.

Yes, today's Valentines Day. Whoopeedoo I spent it in a camp working out in a gym. I've always thought V'day to be one of over priced roses, expensive dinners and exorbitant presents when all it takes is just some quiet time with a loved one.

Interestingly I chose today to chat up D. I've always felt that talking to her seems comparable to walking on a glass pane. She's quite unpredictable sometimes. There are times she'll give me curt replies, times when she's just plain cold and times when she's feisty. Which can make talking to her quite an adventure. Perhaps today the planets in the solar system must've been lined up perfectly or the solar flare must've dulled something in her. But she was nice today. Cheerful, sweet ultimately a joy to be talking to. I quite enjoy her time when she's like this but I guess most times she's just bogged down by school huh? But in the conversation we just had, she said she doesn't wanna be too nice to me in case I fall for her and I might be vulnerable if I do. And she says our relationship/friendship is a complicated one because the only link we had to eachother was a mutual friend. And so technically we're not friends. I didn't say this to her but I was going, "Huh?". You're afraid to be nice to me because you're afraid I'll fall for you. And because the friendship is complicated. I don't get the complication. So you don't want to be too nice to me and you end up being mean. Women tend to have this tendency to skip a few steps in their mental processes and end up follying the big picture. Early on in our 'virtual' friendship she already said she doesn't want to get too close to me. And at that point I honestly thought she was jumping the gun a little. Cause at that point we've had less than 5 conversations and not much were exchanged. This girl really just leave me dumbfounded sometimes but I've told myself not to think about it too much. Cause like she so clearly puts it. "Virtual friends are like friends but technically we're not friends" Now do you get what I mean by confusing?

Still conflicted at 2218hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home