Sunday, February 06, 2005

30,000 Square Feet!!!

2237hrs: Just saw an interior design show that was showcasing this house sitting on 30,000 square feet of private land. This house is amazing!!! It has a Balinese theme and there's landscaping everywhere! Even in the master-bedroom's loo. The freaking loo is bigger than half my house! And the whole place looks like a resort. It has 2 gyms, a swimming pool, a freaking 3 car garage with 3 Mercs(the owner's a Merc fan) and a nice sculpture of a Lion and a man(something about David & Goliath...I think) made out of BMW engine parts!!! The house comes with 2 movie theatres! TWO! Not one but TWO! TWO! Freakinghell they even have a golf simulator for their 7 year old daughter in hopes that she'll be some pro-golfer when she's in her teens. Being that Singapore has so little land mass, I was really quite amazed to find such a house. It even comes with a freaking ELEVATOR!!! What the hell! It's big enough to have a freaking elevator! And I thought the last house I went to was big but compared to this citadel(has a state-of-the-art security suite) it's like a sandbox.

Seeing such a house just reminds me of that fantasy that I have. In my mind a true testament to my opulence would be my very own underground multi-storey carpark with at least 3 levels. At least 50 cars on each level but I'm thinking 100. I can almost see this house with my dream multi-storey carpark. I've even got it down to details(I've had lots of time to dream in the army). All the cars that I've ever wanted all parked rows upon rows. And the entrance to this 'heavenly place' would be disguised behind a wall of a garage on the surface. The place would be guarded with all manner of security systems. Bio-metric scanners, retina scanners, security code and the all important CCTVs. I'm thinking CCTVs with Infrared, thermal and nightvision capabilities. But considering such cameras would cost at least US$250,000 each, it'll be better with an alternative. I was playing with the idea of hiring ex-special forces guys to guard the place. The biggest problem I see is how to classify the cars. Do I arrange them by Country of Origin, marques, horse-power, maximum speed, type(coupes, sedans, saloons, etc) or price? Then what about the keys? I was thinking some form of computerised catalog that showcases all the cars on a screen with info like fuel state, last driven and even last maintenence. And after you select a car, the keys will be pulled out for you and it'll display on the screen which level and lot the car is in. And to make things fun, maybe program it to pick out the cars randomly. I'm sure maintenence would be a nightmare but I'm thinking an in-house mechanic with a full-fledged garage and maybe(if I'm crazy enough) even an engineer. And to do all this, I'd probably need the wealth of a Saudi Prince then again, make that a few Saudi Princes. And perhaps with a budget of US$500 million, all my dreams might come true.

Saw a Lamborghini Gallardo today being driven by some gong ji(male that's born into an affluent household). Just a week or two ago I saw a Murcielago. Wonder why I'm seeing so many of these exotics recently.

Oh, read about this article in the papers today and it got me thinking. Wives squirreling away their wealth and keeping it a secret from their hubbies. Some say it's in case the man leaves and if their hubbies knew, they might not be as frugal. I think perhaps it makes sense well kinda sorta. But if I knew my wife had squirreled money away, I'd probably just spend more on my 'toys'. But then again, a marriage is based on trust isn't it? Be it, financial, emotional or physical. Trust is the most basic things a married couple should have. But it seems quite common for Asian women to have such a fatalistic view of their man. At least I hope not. I wouldn't feel too good about not having my wife's full trust. Actually it'll hurt me if I found out she's been keeping things from me with the excuse of 'just in case'. If you're prepared for a marriage to fail, it'll eventually fail. Wouldn't it? Such thoughts and actions will just betray the 'till death do us part' oath that a couple takes. Hmm...just some of my thoughts.

Yay! Just bought a new phone today. I haven't bought a phone since 2001. But I did do a hostile take-over on my Mum's new phone. And passed her mine. And she's been complaining the one I bought in '01 is pretty screwed. M1 was having some great deals so I thought it's about time to say goodbye to the old one. Got myself one of those cool flip-type phones. A Nokia 6170. I was quite disappointed that it didn't have Bluetooth or MP3 ring tone. But the ones that had it just didn't look as good as this. So I bought it anyway. And I'm pretty happy with it. It looks elegant in it's stainless-steel casing and blue lighted keypad. Gives it an air of sophistication. Although there was another flip-type offered by Nokia that had the Bluetooth and MP3 ring tone and it came in a nice black shiny casing but it cost twice as much. I don't believe in spending S$688 on a handphone. Spending $318 on mine was already a little startling for me but it's design makes up for it somewhat.
Pic above: This sometimes happens when I see a cute girl or a nice car or worse. A cute GIRL IN a nice CAR!
A few pics of my new phone, Nokia 6170:
If you haven't figured it out yet, I quite like my new phone.
Still conflicted at 2343hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home