Monday, January 17, 2005

Evening of Enchantment

0019hrs: Just came home from a wonderful evening spent with beary. And it was probably the best birthday ever. The evening though stretched for 5 hours, seemed so short with her beside me. Spending an evening with her seems so surreal, dreamy even. It is such a rare opportunity for me to be graced by her company. To just talk, laugh and tease the hours away. It was celestial if not magical just to sit and watch her eyes dance with laughter in the soft glow from the lamps along Esplanade. We sat there chatting for about an hour after a nice dinner at Baker's Inn Paragon. Just being in such close proximity to her resurrects the long dormant feelings I used to have for her. Being mesmerized by her enchanting laughter with the glow of moonlight reflecting off her skin. It took every ounce of my mental resistance not to reach out and stroke her hair. To be in her presence again was invigourating, the smell of her hair her laughter in the night air it was total sensory overload. I could've sat there forever just watching her, she is at her most beautiful when she's caught like this. There are moments in my life which I'll cherish forever and I guess this is one of those few comparable to my dream of catching the moonlight reflecting off a cloud ceiling from the cockpit of an F-16 with nothing but clear skies between the moon and the ceiling. Just pure serenity and beauty. The whole evening spent with her just blew me away and I was going 'WOW' and I'm still going 'WOW'. It was perhaps the single best present I've ever received.

She was asking me why guys think she's cute and adorable. How could we not? She's probably sent down by God for us mortal men to swoon over. It's in the way she laughs, the laughter that's enchanting but shy. When she sings it seems as if a choir of angels are singing through her. And the way she brushes her hair to the side while she's smiling, she looks really pretty when she does that. And she did smile a lot today especially when I surprised her with the bouquet of roses. That look when she saw the flowers was probably worth a billion. Just to see her light up like that made my heart go warm with satisfaction. I guess it was only fitting that the biggest bouquet I've ever given away should go to the sweetest girl I know. And yeah, she's indeed sweet, caring and lovely. The warmth she exudes could probably melt the polar ice caps. But what I enjoy most is her wit, that always seems to spring out like a jack rabbit. Her cheekiness is something else too, she can be quite naughty sometimes and it just makes her company all the more delightful. I think it's the whole package that makes her so attractive, she's pure sweetness. She's still in my opinion the most adorable girl I'll likely ever to meet. Have you ever seen the way her brown eyes look when she's sleepy? It just makes you wanna get her to a nice warm bed asap. I look at her sometimes and I go 'aaawwwwwww'. No one does that to me except her. And if she were mine, I'll be spoiling her silly and be smiling ear to ear while doing so. How could anyone say 'No' to that girl? I know I can't...she totally disarms me.

I know her heart already belongs to another. And I've already long accepted the fact that she's never gonna be by my side. Even though I'm willing to trade-in my first Ferrari just to have her by my side but it doesn't matter. She's like the the beautiful wild stallions that gallop across the American West. Too precious to be kept by my side because the rest of the world has to experience what a beautiful person she is. Only there in the hearts and minds of others does her beauty blossom.

Like a friend of mine once concluded, everyone of us has at one time or another met that perfect girl/guy whom we want to spend our lives with. But it is that perfection that doesn't allow us to be with that person. And I guess beary's that perfect girl for me. The fabled unicorn, my fabled unicorn, impossible to capture. The McLaren F1 is perhaps the standard that all other super sportscars are measured by. Well beary's the standard in which I measure all other girls. It sounds a little idealistic but beary's my ideal.

I'm still thinking about the evening I've spent with her. And it's probably the only one I'll spend with her for a long time to come perhaps a year or so. She's flying back to the States on the 22nd and she doesn't know when she'll be back. Even though she hasn't left yet, I'm already missing her terribly. I know it's dangerous for me to fall for her again. But tonight, just for tonight let me indulge in these feelings again and come morning I'll force it back into it's cage and throw the key away. It seems impossible for me to completely eradicate the feelings I have for her. No matter what I do, there'll always be this soft spot in me for her. Sometimes in my quiet reflection, I think I love her. But not the kind shared by lovers perhaps more similar to the kind shared by close friends. But come what may I'll always be by her side whether she needs my shoulder to cry on or not it'll be here. Perhaps time might wear it thin but it'll always be there for her.

I'd really like to find someone like her in time to come. I'd give up all the riches that I might amass in my future if only to have someone like her.

Beary,
Just want to let you know that the birthday spent with you was a blast. It is perhaps better than the party I had. Having you around as a friend was perhaps one of the best things that could've happen in my 21 years. And I do cherish the moments we've spent in the last 5 years. Though those moments are gonna be less now as we get older. Promise to take good care of yourself when you're back in the States? I don't know who else will tease me the way you do if anything happens to you. Perhaps you should listen to my suggestion about carrying a taser gun with you just in case some creep tries to get fresh with you. I'm missing you already... *bleah*

Happy, Happy Birthday Beary!

The Silly Chinchilla

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Someone Like You by Van Morrison

I've been searchin' a long time
for someone exactly like you
I've been travelling all around the world
waiting for you to come through

someone like you
will make it all worthwhile
someone like you
keep me satisfied
someone exactly like you

I've been travellin' a hard road
baby, lookin' for someone exactly like you
i've been carrying my heavy load
waitin' for the light to come shining through

someone like you
will make it all worthwhile
someone like you
make me satisfied
someone exactly like you

I've been doing some soul searching
find out where you're at
i've been up and down the highway
and all kinds of foreign lands

someone like you
will make it all worthwhile
someone like you
keep me satisfied
someone exactly like you

I've been all around the world
marching to the beat of a different drum
but just lately ive realized
baby the best is yet to come...

someone like you
will make it all worthwhile
someone like you
keep me satisfied
someone exactly like you

the best is yet to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home