Sunday, January 09, 2005

Happy, happy birthday baby

2231hrs: I just had my 21st birthday party over the weekend. Even though I'm filled with aches and pains from the party, it was well worth it. I held my birthday at a friend's condominium with pool, bbq pits and a nice function room where all my lazy friends decided to watch DVDs until they were called upon. The party started out as a disaster cause it was raining till evening when the party was gonna start. The rain was a big factor cause it was a bbq party(even though there wasn't much to BBQ). But thankfully the rain finally let up closer to the party and it stopped completely when we got there. But the charcoals hadn't arrived yet and well the BBQ started really late but it was alright cause there were cooked food around. My birthday didn't go as well as I had wanted it to. There was suppose to be video coverage of the event but due to some really stupid reason, there isn't any. Cause I left the house in a hurry and I left the tapes(for the videocamera) at home. So in the middle of the party I came home to look for the tapes but it wasn't any where in the house. So I just gritted my teeth, cursed a little and went on with the party knowing that the tapes would almost certainly pop up only AFTER the party. Sure enough when I got home and was preparing to go to bed, my Aunt tells me "Oh by the way I have your tapes in my bag". I was going "What? Why are my tapes in your bag?!!! I was looking for it the whole night and they were in your bag all along???!!!". So there, the mother of all foul ups right there in my face. My Aunt knowing I forgot the tapes decided to bring it for me when she arrived at the party later. But she totally forgot about it while I was madly searching for the damned tapes and the tapes were in her bag ALL NIGHT LONG!!! Can you imagine the frustration???!!! Once in a bloody lifetime I have a 21st birthday party and I wanted it on tape. The cameraman(or woman in this case) was in place but the tapes I promised to bring was no where to be found!!! I'm still pretty pissed over this little incident knowing it was only possible with insurmountable arseluck that I was blessed with last night.

But overall the party was alright even though the host was running around disappearing for most of the night searching for the bloody tapes. During the later part of the night my Godma(Godmother) sat me down and asked if that girl over there is my girlfriend. I was going "What girl?" then I saw her. It was BEARY!!! Of course I replied "Of course not!" even though in my head I was wishing. It was so nice to see beary again after so long. She looks a little chubbier now but still cute and lovely as ever. Of course I gave her my usual greeting. A little poke to her side and she jumped. Then I caught her big beautiful brown eyes again ahhh how I've missed them. Heh...yes I know even after so long she still stops my heart every time I see her. Anyways I'll skip to the more exciting part.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My custom made birthday cake. *yum*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I felt so weird standing there with everyone singing 'Happy Birthday' to me. Thus I ended up straightening my shirt.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The cake cutting. And then.....

After I cut the cake, my good pals who were previously lazing around watching DVDs became suddenly alert. I was chatting with them when one of them jerks my arm causing me to slip and fall on my bottom(which isn't very well cushioned btw). The next thing I know they were picking me up, with both of my arms locked under each of theirs. The cameras were out and they told me to pose for a group picture while telling me to relax or else it's gonna hurt even more. Immediately after the pictures were taken, they got me down with each of them holding on to each of my limbs asking if I've got any electronic items to declare. After which they hauled me up in one united motion and proceeded to carry me down the flight of stairs to the swimming pool. While telling me struggling would only delay the inevitable. Well they carried me all the way to the pool side with all my relatives, parents, siblings watching me from above. All having a good time laughing over my predicament. When they reached the pool, each of them held on to me and began the swings. On the third swing I was pretty much a goner. So whoopeedoo I'm all nice and wet. I got back up while they were scrambling and I gave chase to the nearest guy. Knowing the floor was wet and having little grip on my bare feet, I slipped when I got on the wooden platform. I slipped in such a fluid motion even I'm surprised. In that few seconds, I was running from one end of the platfrom then I was sliding on my bum towards the end of the platfrom by the time I got to the end, I was on my feet and running again all in one fluid motion. I gave up after I fell anyway.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting As you can see from the above pictures, I'm properly restrained for the photo-taking.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Help!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Being carried down to the pool like a hog headed for the slaughter. Of course not missing a Kodak moment in the process.

Well when everything I ended I wasn't allowed to go home until I finished this little glass of Chivas Regal. Now any regulars of my diary would know very well that I can't drink and the taste of hard liquor makes me wanna hurl. So drinking down that itsy bitsy drink took me like 10mins with the last swig causing me to gag.

Anyways I got home really really high even though I only took a few sips of the stuff. It worked really really fast and I was pretty red just before going to bed. Anyways I still opened my angpows in that state and I made a profit from throwing a party! How many people can say they made a profit from a party? My relatives and friends were really generous I guess because I'm only 21 once in my life. When I got to the presents, I realised all my friends gave me books except beary. Well my friends got me a novel, a book on Harley Motorcycles, one on Navy Warships and another on photography. All my loves. I save beary's for last.

Beary gave me a teddy bear named *surprise surprise* beary. She gave me my own beary...haha. Anyways in the stoned state I took beary(the teddy bear of course...sheesh!) to bed last night. I haven't had a bear since as long as I can remember. Anyways I was just glad to see all my pals during my birthday just regret I didn't get a chance to take a picture with beary. Haven't taken a pic with her since years ago. Think I'll get another chance cause she'll be celebrating my actual birthday with me. I'm wondering what to get for her birthday but I think I've already got something in mind. hmm...anyways I know this isn't a very colourful entry cause I'm feeling quite dull now and besides I'm way past my bed time. I'm still aching and bruised all over thanks to the fall and rough handling. I hope I won't ache as much tomorrow. heh...I did wish someone else was there at the party too but according to her she didn't get my invitation but she wouldn't have gone anyway. Oh well...

Happy, Happy Birthday Baby by Fleetwoods

Happy Happy Birthday Baby, although youre with somebody new
Thought Id drop a line to say that I wish this happy day
would find me beside you.

Happy Happy Birthday Baby, no I cant call you my baby
Seems like years ago we met on a day I cant forget
cause thats when we fell in love.

Do you remember the names we had for each other
I was your pretty, you were my baby
how could we say goodbye.

Hope I didnt spoil your birthday, Im not acting like a lady
So Ill close this note to you with good luck and wishes too
Happy Happy Birthday Baby.

Still conflicted at 2335hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home