Sunday, February 20, 2005

My hands are shaking & my knees are weak...

2243hrs: This week was a really short one for me. I spent most of it at home. Fell sick on Wedesday morning. Woke up at 0330hrs in the morning shivering. I didn't want to wake my Mum so I ended up shivering all the way till 5 in the morning when she woke up and asked her to hand me a shirt and turn the air-conditioner off. I was running a 39 degree fever and didn't know it. Felt so miserable and I couldn't get out of bed till Friday. Went to the army medical centre on Friday and got another day of MC. So I only worked 2 days this week and I can't remember what I did on those 2 days. I've been on MC(medical leave) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Then I realised I've got the longest weekend. But I wasn't enjoying the 5 days off. I spent those days in bed. I spent half the weekend in bed and I've still got a nasty cough and dizzy spells. Doctor said I was hit by a serious flu bug. And Mum was nagging at me for not drinking all that herbal tea she bought for me and that's why I fell sick. So she spent the entire time I was in bed telling me "I told you so". But I'm glad the worst of it is over. My friend was envious about my 3 days MC but it's not like I spent it doing anything fun. I was in bed feeling miserable. I couldn't even get on the com. I only managed to get on long enough to change my MSN nick to let everyone know I'm seriously sick.

Just read the papers and saw this in the Aunt Agony section. '21 and never had a girlfriend'. I read the article and thought this guy's a real loser. So what if he's 21 with no girlfriend? I spent some of the best times of my life not having one too and I'm not feeling sorry. Btw, I don't consider the last one I had a girlfriend. That was a fiasco. Then this joker goes on saying he's still a virgin blah blah blah. Boo hoo! So what if you're a virgin? Shit, I'm a virgin and I'm not eager to lose it. Why do people make such a big deal about losing their virginities? This thing about virginity is a spillover from all that American pop culture that's poisoning the kids. I don't get the big hoo-ha about being a virgin. Come on man! Get a life! There's more to life than getting laid! That's what I've been trying to tell one of my pals. Geez, he's so caught up with the idea of getting laid and feeling crap about it. To the guy who wrote into the column, why don't you give me your number and I'll give it to a few guys who'll think you're a good lay. How bout that? LOSER!

I don't know why but the last few days when I was dazed in bed, I kept dreaming about someone. She kept coming into my sleep. She's been keeping me up so much I wanna write her a poem. Not just any poem. A well thought out one with her name in the poem itself. It's funny how she always uses me as a scratch post and I still talk to her. But she's nice when she retracts her claws but most of the time she's digging her claws into me. She wonders why I hang around her even though she's so mean to me. Yeah, I wonder why too. Guess I just like being abused by you. Sheesh!

Still conflicted at 2305hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home