She's Poetry
0228hrs: Yes, it's half past 2 in the morning and I'm still awake. I'm sleepless because I took a nap earlier and all cause I can't stop thinking bout someone. I'm talking to her now but she confuses me with her words. Though not words of affection but still words that confuse me. While surfing I found this poem that I'd like to share.
Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again!
For then the night will more than pay
The hopeless longing of the day.
Come, as thou cam'st a thousand times,
A messenger from radiant climes,
And smile on thy new world, and be
As kind to others as to me!
Or, as thou never cam'st in sooth,
Come now, and let me dream it truth;
And part my hair, and kiss my brow,
And say: My love! why sufferest thou?
Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again!
For then the night will more than pay
The hopeless longing of the day.
By Matthew Arnold
Still horribly confused at 0236hrs
Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again!
For then the night will more than pay
The hopeless longing of the day.
Come, as thou cam'st a thousand times,
A messenger from radiant climes,
And smile on thy new world, and be
As kind to others as to me!
Or, as thou never cam'st in sooth,
Come now, and let me dream it truth;
And part my hair, and kiss my brow,
And say: My love! why sufferest thou?
Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again!
For then the night will more than pay
The hopeless longing of the day.
By Matthew Arnold
Still horribly confused at 0236hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home