My Saturdays been kinda fun...
0030hrs:
Last Saturday (14 July 2007)
I woke up much earlier than I usually do for work. In fact, I was already up and about by 6am. I decided to get off my lard filled ass and join Godbro for a spot of cycling. We headed out to Upper Peirce Reservoir with it's insane gradients and beautiful scenery. I haven't done any serious cycling for at least 4 months prior to this trip. So it was really tough especially on the slopes. Godbro was just 20 metres ahead of me when we first set off but by the 3rd traffic light, he was gone. We didn't take a different route. It's just that he was so fast that he was outta sight by then(or was I just slow?). I admit my stamina is in shambles right now cause I haven't done any serious exercising for a really long time. But I would really like to get back in shape. I'm seriously tired of my soft belly and how big it's getting. And it's doubly annoying that I can't fit into the same pants I bought just 4 months ago.
Anyways towards the last leg up to the reservoir, I seriously contemplated getting off the bike and just walk it up the slope instead. By then, I was already panting more than a tired old dog. But I stuck with it, got over the last monumental gradient and was more than thankful to see the parking lots leading up to the reservoir.
It was really nice to get a good workout so early in the morning and be immersed in the beautiful picturesque surroundings of the reservoir. I asked Godbro to bring along his camera to do some phototaking. So I snapped a few shots of my trusty steed. The same one I've had since I was 15. I honestly think that these are the nicest photos I've ever taken of her. She's slightly more than 8 years old(I got her in March 1999) now but still in excellent condition. I mean besides some little scratches and chipped paint, she looks as good as new. If you replaced the entire drivetrain, you could even pass her off as a brand new bike. Although she is a little filthy though. I've been rather lax about cleaning her since I stopped riding so often. She has been the greatest highlight of my youth especially during my teens. I remember how I used to rush home from school just to hop on my bike and go exploring on it. I found myself cycling along many unfamiliar places but I didn't mind. I enjoyed getting lost and discovering new places in the process. I'll just spend hours cycling about and I usually wouldn't return home till the bike computer distance reads at least 50 kilometres. But like all good things, my bike will soon be retired in favour of a newer, hotter, lighter model. Yes, I do plan to get a new bicycle some time before the end of the year. But I've already made plans for the old girl. I'm gonna strip her of her parts, get the frame cleaned up and hang it up in my room framing the wall clock. Although I haven't decided if I should get the paint touched up or just leave it as it is. But I'll get that figured out soon enough. She's really been a major part of my youth and I'd like to keep her for as long as I can. Yes, I'm a silly sentimental old fool but that's just how I've always been. I like to keep what I call 'triggers' for my memories to remind me of the best times. And I've had lots of good times riding the 'ol girl. She's been really good to me.

I love this pic!

The old girl.....8+ years and she still look as good as the day I got her.

Don't they make a nice pair?
Today (21 July 2007)
Woke up early today for paintball! The company sponsored a paintball event for it's employees. Well we had to pay $10 each for it and the company paid the rest. I jumped at the chance cause a paintball match can cost in upwards of $40 per individual. I've been pretty psyched bout the paintball match since I signed up for it and I've been looking forward to it all week. Which was why when I got there, it turned out to be a major flop. I mean the paintball game itself was fine. But I was literally paying for a $10 game. Ammo was in seriously short supply and the guns weren't exactly accurate. In fact, most of the time I felt as if I was using a grenade launcher rather than a gun. Cause the paintballs were coming out in a rather high trajectory. Which in turn required more shots for ranging. But I was only given 40 rounds for 4 matches. Which is ridiculous! If you do the math, with 5 members on each team, it works out to 2 shots per person. IF I manage to hit them at all. Which I didn't most of the time cause the rounds just never went where I intended them to. Although I did get 3 people during the entire 4 matches. The last match was a sudden death deathmatch and that's where I got all my victims. The first shot was THE BEST! By the time I got to the 4th round, I had less than 15 rounds of ammo left. So conservation was my top priority. Once the siren went off, I ducked for the barricades,hid behind them and just waited for my victims to arrive. I just kept popping my head up to see who's coming then pop back down then pop up again with my rifle, fire off a few shots and pop back down again. I did this for the entire game. I managed to shoot someone on the hand when she popped up. No, I didn't know it was a girl till after the game. All I wanted to do during the game was to shoot at wherever the rounds were coming from. I can't remember how I got the other two. I think I got one guy in the shoulder and another in the chest. But after that I ran out of ammo and just surrendered. Which was what we were supposed to do anyway. But it wasn't fair because the other team had runners to pass out ammo to whoever was out. We were warned it'll hurt when the paintball makes contact but I hardly noticed when I got shot. I took only one paintball in the shoulder for the entire game and hardly felt it. Though I noticed the bruise only after my shower. It doesn't hurt much cause I was expecting it to be much worse than the airguns I used to have. Yeah I used to shoot myself with the guns just to see how much they hurt. I had one that left a ring of blood where the pellet impacted. That really hurt. But on a whole, paintball was fun. Though ammo was a little scarce.

My team

My team after the game...

Yes I dove into the mud along with my buddy here

Everyone!
I can't stop laughing every time I watch this....I tried to re-enact it but the guns were just useless
After all the euphoria from paintball, I was bummed to find out I accidentally damaged the camera Godbro lent me. The camera wasn't damaged by me per se but it was damaged when I passed it to someone to help take my team photos. I felt really bad after that. There's a scratch on the lower right hand corner of the LCD screen and a few scratch marks on the buttons as well. I'm fully prepared to give Godbro the camera I'm planning to buy at the end of this month cause it's the right thing to do. But he says he wants to take a look at how bad it is first. I know Godbro wouldn't demand I buy him a new camera but I feel it's the responsible thing to do. I felt really bad today when I saw the scratch. Even though it wasn't scratched by me specifically, one can argue that it's still my fault for letting someone else handle the camera. *sigh* I just can't get over how crap this situation is. Haiz......

The thing that spoiled the fun
Paintball was fun but seeing the camera damaged wasn't @ 0116hrs
Last Saturday (14 July 2007)
I woke up much earlier than I usually do for work. In fact, I was already up and about by 6am. I decided to get off my lard filled ass and join Godbro for a spot of cycling. We headed out to Upper Peirce Reservoir with it's insane gradients and beautiful scenery. I haven't done any serious cycling for at least 4 months prior to this trip. So it was really tough especially on the slopes. Godbro was just 20 metres ahead of me when we first set off but by the 3rd traffic light, he was gone. We didn't take a different route. It's just that he was so fast that he was outta sight by then(or was I just slow?). I admit my stamina is in shambles right now cause I haven't done any serious exercising for a really long time. But I would really like to get back in shape. I'm seriously tired of my soft belly and how big it's getting. And it's doubly annoying that I can't fit into the same pants I bought just 4 months ago.
Anyways towards the last leg up to the reservoir, I seriously contemplated getting off the bike and just walk it up the slope instead. By then, I was already panting more than a tired old dog. But I stuck with it, got over the last monumental gradient and was more than thankful to see the parking lots leading up to the reservoir.
It was really nice to get a good workout so early in the morning and be immersed in the beautiful picturesque surroundings of the reservoir. I asked Godbro to bring along his camera to do some phototaking. So I snapped a few shots of my trusty steed. The same one I've had since I was 15. I honestly think that these are the nicest photos I've ever taken of her. She's slightly more than 8 years old(I got her in March 1999) now but still in excellent condition. I mean besides some little scratches and chipped paint, she looks as good as new. If you replaced the entire drivetrain, you could even pass her off as a brand new bike. Although she is a little filthy though. I've been rather lax about cleaning her since I stopped riding so often. She has been the greatest highlight of my youth especially during my teens. I remember how I used to rush home from school just to hop on my bike and go exploring on it. I found myself cycling along many unfamiliar places but I didn't mind. I enjoyed getting lost and discovering new places in the process. I'll just spend hours cycling about and I usually wouldn't return home till the bike computer distance reads at least 50 kilometres. But like all good things, my bike will soon be retired in favour of a newer, hotter, lighter model. Yes, I do plan to get a new bicycle some time before the end of the year. But I've already made plans for the old girl. I'm gonna strip her of her parts, get the frame cleaned up and hang it up in my room framing the wall clock. Although I haven't decided if I should get the paint touched up or just leave it as it is. But I'll get that figured out soon enough. She's really been a major part of my youth and I'd like to keep her for as long as I can. Yes, I'm a silly sentimental old fool but that's just how I've always been. I like to keep what I call 'triggers' for my memories to remind me of the best times. And I've had lots of good times riding the 'ol girl. She's been really good to me.

I love this pic!

The old girl.....8+ years and she still look as good as the day I got her.

Don't they make a nice pair?
Today (21 July 2007)
Woke up early today for paintball! The company sponsored a paintball event for it's employees. Well we had to pay $10 each for it and the company paid the rest. I jumped at the chance cause a paintball match can cost in upwards of $40 per individual. I've been pretty psyched bout the paintball match since I signed up for it and I've been looking forward to it all week. Which was why when I got there, it turned out to be a major flop. I mean the paintball game itself was fine. But I was literally paying for a $10 game. Ammo was in seriously short supply and the guns weren't exactly accurate. In fact, most of the time I felt as if I was using a grenade launcher rather than a gun. Cause the paintballs were coming out in a rather high trajectory. Which in turn required more shots for ranging. But I was only given 40 rounds for 4 matches. Which is ridiculous! If you do the math, with 5 members on each team, it works out to 2 shots per person. IF I manage to hit them at all. Which I didn't most of the time cause the rounds just never went where I intended them to. Although I did get 3 people during the entire 4 matches. The last match was a sudden death deathmatch and that's where I got all my victims. The first shot was THE BEST! By the time I got to the 4th round, I had less than 15 rounds of ammo left. So conservation was my top priority. Once the siren went off, I ducked for the barricades,hid behind them and just waited for my victims to arrive. I just kept popping my head up to see who's coming then pop back down then pop up again with my rifle, fire off a few shots and pop back down again. I did this for the entire game. I managed to shoot someone on the hand when she popped up. No, I didn't know it was a girl till after the game. All I wanted to do during the game was to shoot at wherever the rounds were coming from. I can't remember how I got the other two. I think I got one guy in the shoulder and another in the chest. But after that I ran out of ammo and just surrendered. Which was what we were supposed to do anyway. But it wasn't fair because the other team had runners to pass out ammo to whoever was out. We were warned it'll hurt when the paintball makes contact but I hardly noticed when I got shot. I took only one paintball in the shoulder for the entire game and hardly felt it. Though I noticed the bruise only after my shower. It doesn't hurt much cause I was expecting it to be much worse than the airguns I used to have. Yeah I used to shoot myself with the guns just to see how much they hurt. I had one that left a ring of blood where the pellet impacted. That really hurt. But on a whole, paintball was fun. Though ammo was a little scarce.

My team

My team after the game...

Yes I dove into the mud along with my buddy here

Everyone!
I can't stop laughing every time I watch this....I tried to re-enact it but the guns were just useless
After all the euphoria from paintball, I was bummed to find out I accidentally damaged the camera Godbro lent me. The camera wasn't damaged by me per se but it was damaged when I passed it to someone to help take my team photos. I felt really bad after that. There's a scratch on the lower right hand corner of the LCD screen and a few scratch marks on the buttons as well. I'm fully prepared to give Godbro the camera I'm planning to buy at the end of this month cause it's the right thing to do. But he says he wants to take a look at how bad it is first. I know Godbro wouldn't demand I buy him a new camera but I feel it's the responsible thing to do. I felt really bad today when I saw the scratch. Even though it wasn't scratched by me specifically, one can argue that it's still my fault for letting someone else handle the camera. *sigh* I just can't get over how crap this situation is. Haiz......

The thing that spoiled the fun
Paintball was fun but seeing the camera damaged wasn't @ 0116hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home