Saturday, June 03, 2006

Anguish!

0333hrs: That's all that I'm feeling now. Woke up early this morning to pick up my friends and drove the bunch of us down to Sim Lim Square to get all the PC parts. Spent 5 freaking hours there with the car draining my cash card away in the super RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE car park which in all took SGD$15 from me! Rushed home just in time to return the rented Ford Laser. Missed the entire assemblying process of my new baby. And now I'm being insulted sitting here using my old system while my brand new SGD$2290(for everything in the CPU Tower including the speakers) system sits pretty next to it.

Left: NEW, Right: OLD, DUH!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Apparently there's a fault in the BIOS or something. My IT Tech friends are troubleshooting it right now and will come by again to fix it up in about 11 hours time.

Even though I'm so freaking tired from driving around all day and standing for 5 hours in Sim Lim, I can't get to sleep. I'm too excited about the thought of being able to play my PC games again. It's that so near yet so far feeling. It's like having a brand new Ferrari F430 delivered to you one bright and early Sunday morning with a broken tranny sitting pretty in the driveway. It's such a sickening feeling!

I'm sitting here fantasising about playing Microsoft's Flight Simulator 2004. Flying the Panavia Tornado GR.3 Low-level Swing-Wing Fighter / Bomber. Do a standard formation take-off from John F. Kennedy Airport and high-tail it all the way to San Francisco, CA and breaking the sound barrier right UNDER the Golden Gate Bridge. Something that's bloody illegal to even do in real life. Though those people that fly the thing routinely fly at much lower altitudes than that. Mostly tree-top level at 480 - 580 knots(IAS).

Panavia Tornado GR.1:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And after that do a air to air refuel while enroute back to RSAF's Changi Air Base to immediately land and take-off again in the F-16C / D Block 52 Falcon. Form up with a SIA 747 Jumbo and escort it on it's way through the Kangaroo Route. And periodically breaking away to force down(by any means necessary, keyword: ANY) any Qantas flight along the way(I read sometime back about the Oz govt not allowing SIA a piece of some route to Oz). And after that maybe take the scenic route home through the Himalayas and giving any Everest climbers a real headache.

F-16C / D Falcon:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A low-level through the skyscrapers in NYC would be fun! Especially cresting the Empire State, not like the pple who fly these things get to do it for real.

YES!, that's the scenario possible with Flight Simulator 2004 and it's numerous add-ons that my system now is more than capable of running. I'm dying to fly again after a 4 year hiatus.

A very expensive day:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Well, at least it's S$500 cheaper than the DIY system I bought in Nov '99. But then again, I bought an entire system back then. Monitor, keyboard, etc.


Glossary

Panavia Tornado: A swing-wing(aka Variable Geometry) fighter bomber born(also available in an Air Defence version) from a joint project by UK, Germany, Italy and Spain. For more detailed info, visit http://www.tornado-data.com/ .

Note: Janan you should go read about this swing-wing thing(unless you know it already). Should be pretty interesting for you. The best of both worlds. Speed & Stability!

F-16C/D Falcon: The most successful fighter built to date. Almost every ally of the US have this in their Air Farce(*intentional). Too lazy to talk about this very popular jet. Go read at http://www.f-16.net/index.php .

IAS: If you don't know what this means, you won't bother to remember even if I told you.

DISCLAIMER: I do not enjoy shooting down poor innocent airliners. That thing about the Kangaroo Route was just an example of my sick sense of humour. Of course I would never do something like that other than in a VIRTUAL & SIMULATED enviroment. If you were offended, BOO HOO! Go read some other blog if you couldn't tell I was kidding.

With broken wings @ 0419hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home