Friday, April 21, 2006

Anarchy

1452hrs: It is days like this that makes me thankful for being posted to this place. However rare these days might be. Walked into camp this morning to find a company of gas masked recruits taking an early morning stroll. As I walked past them, seeing them in their uniforms, rifles and SBOs sweating away in the early morning sun, I imagined how miserable I'd be if I were in their shoes(or boots in this case). And thankful that I'm not. Got into camp to hear the wonderful news that all figures of authority will be tied up somewhere else. Which includes all the meddlesome people. Elated at the good news, I dropped my bag on my chair, propped my feet up in one of the offices and proceeded to watch some anime my buddy brought. After which I engaged in some napping till lunch time.

That's the thing about being in a place with only 37 people. Most of those 37 people are usually out which leaves us NSFs lots of freedom. While I'm typing this entry out, the rest of the guys are either watching tv, DVDs or sleeping. With my NS liability coming to an end, I chuckle at how I panicked 2 years ago before enlistment about how my NS life was gonna be. Would life be as good as some of my other pals doing their NS? Or would I be charging up hills day after day, seeing green all the time and having my freedom taken away from me till one day I end up shooting myself out of sheer misery. No, that's not how things turned out. The first 8 months might've been a little uncomfortable but it has only gotten better since. I sit in a cushy chair all day and occasionally punch up some word documents or data processing. There isn't much to complain about other than the backstabbing, politics and abuse of power going on around here.

But with 63 days left, I really can't be bothered.

63 days of this shit and I'm out! @ 1529hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home