Monday, April 10, 2006

Matilda's Bay

2315hrs(09 April 2006): It's been a tiring week. I've just been getting up at 0600hrs, going to work, coming home and going for classes and only hitting my bed at 2330hrs almost every night. So I took a break on Wednesday and joined some camp friends for a farewell dinner cause one of them's going back to Tekong for BMT training.....again. *laughs* The poor bugger. Anyhow, we hauled ourselves down to Matilda's Bay at Punggol Marina in Justin's big ol' SUV. The food wasn't anything to scream about but the ambience is what you're there for. I love the overwhelming use of teak wood in the decor. Gives the place a 'warm' cosy feeling. It'd make a great place for a date. I've already made up my mind to bring someone special there if and when I can get a car. I had a medium well steak with blue cheese sauce which was just horrible. I'm sorry I can't appreciate gourmet cheese. I just can't! The crab chowder soup I had was absolutely tasteless! The only good thing I had was the milkshake and the beef strips my friend ordered. The crayfish spaghetti might have some potential though.

So we ate, we drank and took some pictures after. Somehow the conversation we had never strayed far from the topic about how cute the waitresses there were. Although in my opinion, they're a little young for any of us. We left and proceeded to more picture taking. I slipped a couple of times on the boardwalk even though the box for the Teva sandals I was wearing says "Spider rubber grips on any surface".

Image hosting by Photobucket
The gang!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Ok, what happened here was that I was trying to get my glasses off before the camera's timer hit zero. Which I failed...so there!

Image hosting by Photobucket
And one of us at the table. I know the table's a mess but it didn't occur to me to get it cleared.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Long-ge(roughly translates to 'Brother Dragon'), one of my two best buds in camp.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Here's Justin, my best bud ever. I couldn't ask for a better friend. In camp, we're eachother's confidants. We discuss our love lives, I give him pointers on what to say to his 'interest' while he helps me tone down on my cheesiness. We make a good pair. Oh, and he lets me drive his SUV now and then. Which I'm thankful for especially after what I did to his previous car. Well, let's just say during the time before my license, he let me drive his docile MPV. In all my excitement I floored the throttle of his humble ride which caused the engine to rev loudly in protest for half a second before the thing lurched forward. Yeah, Justin was pretty mad about it but I deserved it anyhow. He took a leap of faith to let me drive his brand new SUV and of course I've learnt not to abuse that trust. Like I said, best buds!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Ma best pals in camp!

Image hosting by Photobucket
And here's the very talented Cleopas, the clarinet player. Great guy!

I just had guard duty last night with Justin. Yeah it was fun. We gorged on pizza, junk food and lots of cake. And we toasted the night away with Bacardi Lime and vanilla vodka. Yes that's guard duty for me. On Friday night I just felt compelled to drink. Perhaps I was hoping the liqour would offer some reprieve from what I've been going through. And well, it did. And I was happy last night.

But for now, I've gotta go sleep and plunge back into the fray come morn. Goodnight!

Looking forward to my long weekend this week! @ 0001hrs

PS: I'm sorry for this entry's simplicity. I just don't seem inspired to write. Especially with a self-imposed bedtime hanging over me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home