Thursday, March 23, 2006

IC = I Die

2225hrs: Well, it's been a GREAT week in camp. Getting screwed by the OC(Officer in Command) for doing my job, having the CSM take pot shots at me and being lack of sleep. Oh and today was no exception. The shit hit the fan this morning when the CSM questioned the clerks why there wasn't an incident report form available after office hours. Of course during the chewing out session, he gave me most of his attention even though the guy in charge of the clerk section is standing right next to me. I'm again left in awe of the power of politics. If you play it well, you get a shield around you and if you don't? You end up like me. Always there for the grinder. Oh and since the guy in charge of the clerk section is leaving in April, I've been told I'll be taking his place. No....this isn't something to celebrate. Being put in charge of the Admin Dept in the army is a big no no. Actually being put in any position where you're the IC of anything in the army is bad. Where in the civil sector you get canned for screwing up, in the army you either get court martialed or you get your weekends burnt doing guard duty. And neither is appealing to me.

Now I'm in that place. IC of admin section. Which means from here on out, anything goes wrong, my head will roll. I don't want this responsibility. But I had no say in the matter. It's exactly 3 fucking months to my ORD date and all I wanna do is to leave quietly. Now I can't. I've got added stress and now the guy who's leaving in April is a non-entity. He's devoid of any responsibilities from today onwards even though he's leaving at the end of April. Which isn't fair is it? If things he screwed up comes to light while I'm IC, I get punished. FUCK!

Funny thing, the CSM waited till after I signed the handing over documents(which dictate that I'm now officially IC of Admin section) before threatening me. He wants me to get the Incident Report forms done tomorrow or else. And he told me that at 1730hrs, fall-out time. He had all day to go after the previous guy in charge but no. Oh, he also said that if anything screws up in clerk section, he won't hesitate to come after me. Since I signed the papers, every fucking thing is MY FAULT! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT!

I'm starting to lose my temper in camp. I wanted so much to question him why he didn't go after the previous guy instead. But the backlash from that might be more than I can bear. It sucks. Life sucks. I wanna die.

3 long-suffering months to ORD @ 2247hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home