Saturday, May 21, 2005

Dreams....they can get so weird

0034hrs: I had a long and very very weird dream last night. Forgive me if the description seems short but my memory of the dream is a little sketchy. I dreamt that I was living in a hostel. And while I was there, a girl living below me caught my fancy. Everytime we met I'll engage her in small talk and over time we grew closer. But one day I realise she already has a boyfriend and he turns out to be an Army Officer with the rank of Captain. What's worse, he's in his forties! And somehow I woke up after that and it was morning(more like noon).

Here's the funny part. The girl in my dream resembled a girl I knew from my childhood days. And the last time I saw her was at least 12 years ago. I didn't even remember what she looked like until the dream. But I remember her now and the very last image I have of her, she was crying while getting off the schoolbus. My friend and I had said some stupid childish things that made her cry and now when I think about it, I do feel very sorry for hurting her. I think her name was(I'm really just taking a stab in the dark) Hui Ting. Though I know for sure which school she was from. It was CHIJ Toa Payoh Primary. I'm pretty confident about that. Oh dear, I really do feel bad about making her cry. Maybe if I get to see her again tonight in my dreams, I'll apologise profusely. It's funny how something you thought you've forgotten long ago pops up like that. I haven't thought about this girl in 12 YEARS! And she pops up in my conciousness like that. I guess the brain does hold more than we can remember.

The second funny part was that the Army Officer that was her boyfriend in the dream reminded me of my current Commanding Officer in camp. And my CO is holding the rank of Captain. But well in real life he isn't a very nice person and I don't think he was nice in the dream too. His character gives me the impression of a weasel.

I'm just writing my dream down cause my dreams have a habit of coming to life. I've had instances where I'm sitting in an enviroment I've never been before and it suddenly occurs to me that I've seen this place in one of my dreams from long ago. It's extremely weird to me. And I can't explain it but it's happened quite a few times now.

Still weirded out at 0056hrs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to share a joke I found on one of my favourite websites,
Aircraft Resource Center http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com .

The Old Virgin

In a tiny village on the Irish coast lived an old lady, a virgin and very proud of it. Sensing that her final days were rapidly approaching, and desiring to make sure everything was in proper order when she dies, she went to the town's undertaker (who also happened to be the local postal clerk) to make the proper "final" arrangements.

As a last wish, she informed the undertaker that she wanted the following inscription engraved on her tombstone: "BORN A VIRGIN, LIVED AS A VIRGIN, DIED A VIRGIN"

Not long after, the old maid died peacefully. A few days after the funeral, as the undertaker/postal clerk went to prepare the tombstone that the lady had requested, it became quite apparent that the tombstone that she had selected was much too small for the wording that she had chosen. He thought long and hard about how he could fulfill the old maid's final request, considering the very limited space available on the small piece of stone. For days, he agonized over the dilemma. But finally his experience as a postal worker allowed him to come up with what he thought was the appropriate solution to the problem.

The virgin's tombstone was finally completed and duly engraved, and it read as follows: "RETURNED UNOPENED"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home