Wilderness...
0137hrs: Went hiking yesterday with my old pal on Bukit Timah hill. Just wanted to go try out the tree top walk that's been so actively advertised recently. I was really surprised to see so many people hiking. Before the tree top walk was constructed, you can hardly see a soul while trekking. I've seen a tortoise, a rabbit but rarely another human being. But during this trek I saw whole families walking up the trails.
My verdict on the tree top walk? It's OVER-rated. I hiked 3 hours just to walk 10mins above some trees. It wasn't even wobbily as I had expected. It's too sturdy. You don't get the feeling of vertigo. It doesn't even sway in the wind. It's TOO sturdy. I would've preferred to made out of rope and wooden planks with the whole bridge wobbling. Now that'll be fun. I know, I should be rappling from helicopters if I wanted excitement. Just felt that the tree top walk was a disappointment.
Saw one of the most beautiful forms since the BMW M5(E39) during the hike. This BMW 645Ci was parked near the ranger station. I couldn't help but pose with the thing. I haven't had a chance to really look it over proper up till yesterday. And it looks good. Especially in onyx. A 4.5L V8 under the bonnet punching out 333bhp taking this bavarian to 100km/h in 5.6 seconds and topping out at 250km/h(Electronically limited). It's a fine example of form from function. I just love it's long wide stance, it's tremendous wheelbase. Though it may not take to the track as well as an M5, it'll be great cruising down the Autobahn. Or just a night out on town with a beautiful female form on the front passenger side. I just love it! Now I can't wait for the M6 to be launched.
I hiked past my old camp and saw my campmate standing at the guard post on a public holiday. I'm thankful guard duties are over for me. Got reacquantainted with the resident primates. Got home totally exhausted from the hike and saw that I was actually sunburnt. I haven't been sunburnt for God knows how long. Not used to the feeling of having red, sore, tender skin.
Here's some pics from the hike:

The BMW 645Ci, a beautiful car graced with a dashing young man. Who's honour is it?

Notice the number plate is 8888? I think it's owner is a firm believer of all that chinese prosperity myth.

The vast expanse of the quarry.

The quarry looking much more picturesque now graced by this being.

Me and the quarry

What you smiling at?

The resident primates of Bukit Timah hill. Many times I've volunteered to rid the monkey infestation on base but SAF refused to sponsor a Franchi SPAS-12 and a few hundred 12 gauge buckshots. I would've settled for an M249 SAW with about 2000 rounds of ammunition but even that they refused.

My buddy Janan and I. We've known each other since we were 13. Can't believe he's been my good pal for 8 years and many more to come.

Me posing in the Singapore Combat Engineers shirt. My camp friends are so gonna laugh their heads off if they ever see me in this.

Janan and I.

Janan and I in black and white.

Janan and I....AGAIN?!

Janan at the entrance to the Tree Top Walk.

Janan on the walk itself. Look! Look how sturdy the damn thing is! Janan's on it and it's not even sagging(just kidding ol pal *heh*).

Me on the walk. No I didn't go through the rain, I just decided to give myself a bath at the ranger station.

What's down below....

Janan, near the end after only 10 minutes! 3 hours for 10 minutes on the %$#@ trail!!!

"Let us out! We promise to be good...Please?"

Look at me! Just look at me! Do I look tired?

Janan...really happy after the walk and of course for having my company along the walk.
Still conflicted at 0200hrs
My verdict on the tree top walk? It's OVER-rated. I hiked 3 hours just to walk 10mins above some trees. It wasn't even wobbily as I had expected. It's too sturdy. You don't get the feeling of vertigo. It doesn't even sway in the wind. It's TOO sturdy. I would've preferred to made out of rope and wooden planks with the whole bridge wobbling. Now that'll be fun. I know, I should be rappling from helicopters if I wanted excitement. Just felt that the tree top walk was a disappointment.
Saw one of the most beautiful forms since the BMW M5(E39) during the hike. This BMW 645Ci was parked near the ranger station. I couldn't help but pose with the thing. I haven't had a chance to really look it over proper up till yesterday. And it looks good. Especially in onyx. A 4.5L V8 under the bonnet punching out 333bhp taking this bavarian to 100km/h in 5.6 seconds and topping out at 250km/h(Electronically limited). It's a fine example of form from function. I just love it's long wide stance, it's tremendous wheelbase. Though it may not take to the track as well as an M5, it'll be great cruising down the Autobahn. Or just a night out on town with a beautiful female form on the front passenger side. I just love it! Now I can't wait for the M6 to be launched.
I hiked past my old camp and saw my campmate standing at the guard post on a public holiday. I'm thankful guard duties are over for me. Got reacquantainted with the resident primates. Got home totally exhausted from the hike and saw that I was actually sunburnt. I haven't been sunburnt for God knows how long. Not used to the feeling of having red, sore, tender skin.
Here's some pics from the hike:

The BMW 645Ci, a beautiful car graced with a dashing young man. Who's honour is it?

Notice the number plate is 8888? I think it's owner is a firm believer of all that chinese prosperity myth.

The vast expanse of the quarry.

The quarry looking much more picturesque now graced by this being.

Me and the quarry

What you smiling at?

The resident primates of Bukit Timah hill. Many times I've volunteered to rid the monkey infestation on base but SAF refused to sponsor a Franchi SPAS-12 and a few hundred 12 gauge buckshots. I would've settled for an M249 SAW with about 2000 rounds of ammunition but even that they refused.

My buddy Janan and I. We've known each other since we were 13. Can't believe he's been my good pal for 8 years and many more to come.

Me posing in the Singapore Combat Engineers shirt. My camp friends are so gonna laugh their heads off if they ever see me in this.

Janan and I.

Janan and I in black and white.

Janan and I....AGAIN?!

Janan at the entrance to the Tree Top Walk.

Janan on the walk itself. Look! Look how sturdy the damn thing is! Janan's on it and it's not even sagging(just kidding ol pal *heh*).

Me on the walk. No I didn't go through the rain, I just decided to give myself a bath at the ranger station.

What's down below....

Janan, near the end after only 10 minutes! 3 hours for 10 minutes on the %$#@ trail!!!

"Let us out! We promise to be good...Please?"

Look at me! Just look at me! Do I look tired?

Janan...really happy after the walk and of course for having my company along the walk.
Still conflicted at 0200hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home