New Toy!
2223hrs: Collected my new toy yesterday. This was the reason why I felt so guilty last Saturday. I spent SGD$336 on this new RC car. I actually wasn't intending to get a new car until perhaps next month? The original plan was just to get the old one fixed. But apparently the parts just aren't the same anymore and the electronics are no longer compatible. My previous car is 9 years old. And that's exactly how long I've stopped playing with it. I think I stopped at about the time I discovered girls and realised RC is a very expensive hobby to upkeep. Now it seems I've come full circle and I'm right back into it.
I got the shop to fix up the car for me since it would take time if I did it myself. There was a SGD$20 service charge for it. And well, unforunately I feel the money wasn't very well spent. The guy the shop contracted to fix up the car didn't do a good job. In fact, he did a FUCKED UP job. Excuse the language but he put didn't even bother to put the servo properly. So now the whole car's steering is off. And me, having spent SGD$20 to get the car put together for me now has to troubleshoot the car. I might as well have built the car myself! The freaking servo is moving everytime I steer no wonder the car keeps going off to the left or right! The wheels aren't even aligned properly the whole steering isn't aligned properly. And while I was at the shop, I tested the car and told the lady there that the steering's off. She got her husband to check it out. Well he brought it to the back of the shop then came back mumbling something, looking and sounding very grouchy. He then proceeded to place my car down and throwing my SGD$300+ radio transmitter(remote control to the uninitiated) onto the counter. To be fair, the transmitter probably fell 3cm before it hit the counter. But still it's an electronic instrument and it's sensitive and it's MINE! His wife looked displeased. Now here's the part I don't understand. After watching him throw my transmitter right in front of me, I reacted with nothing more than an aghast look. Maybe I was too tired from my day in camp or maybe I was just too tired to get into another argument over customer service now that my battle with Apple is over. But still, I grilled over it awhile after I left the shop and wondered why I didn't react and give the man a earful. Well, he just signed off on whatever future major purchases from me. I got more and more pissed as I walked towards the MRT. Well, thankfully nothing's wrong with the transmitter(at least I don't think there is). Was dying to go home and vent my anger on some poor terrorists on Rainbow Six Ravenshield. But I don't have it on my computer. I have a copy of the game but it doesn't work on my com.
While playing R6, I always like to do it the old fashioned way. Nothing expresses the distaste you have for someone than with a 12 gauge shotgun. Preferbly a Franchi SPAS-12. There's just something in the brutality of using a shotgun that fully displays your heartfelt disgust for a particular character. Maybe it's the lead pellets that come out in a swarm and leaves the victim with multiple man-made orifices that makes the assailant feel as if he's done the world a favour.
Hmm...sorry didn't mean to get so violent and graphic. Been watching some gangster movies about the British underworld lately. Been using abit more profanity than usual too. Oops!

My lastest toy, the Tamiya TT01 Mercedes 190E Evo II

My 9 year old Kyosho Pure Ten Spider with a Honda Accord body. I'm currently using this body on the new car and it fits perfectly and looks cooler.

My 9 year old car with a different body, a Nissan R33 Skyline GTR.

The SPAS-12, a cool looking combat shotgun. Big, bad and ugly!
Still sick, conflicted at 2302hrs
I got the shop to fix up the car for me since it would take time if I did it myself. There was a SGD$20 service charge for it. And well, unforunately I feel the money wasn't very well spent. The guy the shop contracted to fix up the car didn't do a good job. In fact, he did a FUCKED UP job. Excuse the language but he put didn't even bother to put the servo properly. So now the whole car's steering is off. And me, having spent SGD$20 to get the car put together for me now has to troubleshoot the car. I might as well have built the car myself! The freaking servo is moving everytime I steer no wonder the car keeps going off to the left or right! The wheels aren't even aligned properly the whole steering isn't aligned properly. And while I was at the shop, I tested the car and told the lady there that the steering's off. She got her husband to check it out. Well he brought it to the back of the shop then came back mumbling something, looking and sounding very grouchy. He then proceeded to place my car down and throwing my SGD$300+ radio transmitter(remote control to the uninitiated) onto the counter. To be fair, the transmitter probably fell 3cm before it hit the counter. But still it's an electronic instrument and it's sensitive and it's MINE! His wife looked displeased. Now here's the part I don't understand. After watching him throw my transmitter right in front of me, I reacted with nothing more than an aghast look. Maybe I was too tired from my day in camp or maybe I was just too tired to get into another argument over customer service now that my battle with Apple is over. But still, I grilled over it awhile after I left the shop and wondered why I didn't react and give the man a earful. Well, he just signed off on whatever future major purchases from me. I got more and more pissed as I walked towards the MRT. Well, thankfully nothing's wrong with the transmitter(at least I don't think there is). Was dying to go home and vent my anger on some poor terrorists on Rainbow Six Ravenshield. But I don't have it on my computer. I have a copy of the game but it doesn't work on my com.
While playing R6, I always like to do it the old fashioned way. Nothing expresses the distaste you have for someone than with a 12 gauge shotgun. Preferbly a Franchi SPAS-12. There's just something in the brutality of using a shotgun that fully displays your heartfelt disgust for a particular character. Maybe it's the lead pellets that come out in a swarm and leaves the victim with multiple man-made orifices that makes the assailant feel as if he's done the world a favour.
Hmm...sorry didn't mean to get so violent and graphic. Been watching some gangster movies about the British underworld lately. Been using abit more profanity than usual too. Oops!

My lastest toy, the Tamiya TT01 Mercedes 190E Evo II

My 9 year old Kyosho Pure Ten Spider with a Honda Accord body. I'm currently using this body on the new car and it fits perfectly and looks cooler.

My 9 year old car with a different body, a Nissan R33 Skyline GTR.

The SPAS-12, a cool looking combat shotgun. Big, bad and ugly!
Still sick, conflicted at 2302hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home