New base, new beginnings...
2243hrs: I reported to my new base this morning. And to my delight, it's only 20mins away from my place. Which means I can leave my place at 0700hrs and I still won't be late. And the people there all seem really nice though I haven't been hearing very good things about the boss I'm directly under. Somehow I think she comes on base to seduce young hot blooded 18 year old boys with the way she dresses. I can tell she probably wakes at 5am in the morning just to get herself ready and she has enough hair spray in her to set off an explosives detector! But well, she's been nice to me so far but today was only my first day. And even though I'm hearing bad things, I'm still being myself. A perfect gentlemen to a lady. Bonjour Mademoiselle!
Like I said, the people there are all nice. Including the CSM as in Company Sergeant Major. Every army has this position in each company I believe they're called Command Sergeant Majors in the US Army. A CSM's job is all the same, they're in charge of discipline within the company. And most of them are pretty stern faced tough as nails bastards through and through. But my CSM in this new place smiles a lot. He's very very VERY nice. He even offered to give me a lift to my medical appointment in the afternoon. This department I'm in is SMALL. There's only 43 of us and 3 of them are leaving at the end of March. And well I'm gonna be the only clerk in this place after my upper-study leaves. But I think it should be a pretty easy job....I hope!
When I first walked onto the base, I thought I got the wrong place cause all the buildings looked abandoned. Actually the entire camp looks abandoned! All the buildings are probably older than I am and they can all look pretty eerie at night. And me being the duty clerk will have to sleep over 4 times a month. During these duties, there'll only be 2 of us in this huge building and well, it's eerie. I'm just thankful I won't be alone though going to the toilet would be a problem since it looks like something lifted directly out of a Japanese horror film. The good news is, during these duties nobody bothers us. By 1900hrs, everyone should've left and after that, WE OWN THE PLACE! Boy am I gonna bring my big ass speakers and my iPod! We're gonna bring the house down! Provided the guy I'm doing the duty with is as wild as me. And we can basically sleep early, watch a movie, talk on the phone(with SAF paying of course) or just do whatever we want as long as one of us answers the phone when it rings. That's all we're there for. I don't think it'll be too difficult to fall asleep since we'll be sleeping in an air-conditioned office with mattress, pillows and all. Well it should be pretty comfortable for me since I recently bought a pretty comfy sleeping bag for these sleep-overs I was expecting.
Well I'll talk more about my new base as I learn more about the place. For now I'm gonna go sleep. For the first time in my NSF life, I'm able to sleep at 2300hrs without feeling guilty cause I know I'll still get my 7 to 8 hours of sleep I need to function efficiently.
Still happy about the new base at 2305hrs
Like I said, the people there are all nice. Including the CSM as in Company Sergeant Major. Every army has this position in each company I believe they're called Command Sergeant Majors in the US Army. A CSM's job is all the same, they're in charge of discipline within the company. And most of them are pretty stern faced tough as nails bastards through and through. But my CSM in this new place smiles a lot. He's very very VERY nice. He even offered to give me a lift to my medical appointment in the afternoon. This department I'm in is SMALL. There's only 43 of us and 3 of them are leaving at the end of March. And well I'm gonna be the only clerk in this place after my upper-study leaves. But I think it should be a pretty easy job....I hope!
When I first walked onto the base, I thought I got the wrong place cause all the buildings looked abandoned. Actually the entire camp looks abandoned! All the buildings are probably older than I am and they can all look pretty eerie at night. And me being the duty clerk will have to sleep over 4 times a month. During these duties, there'll only be 2 of us in this huge building and well, it's eerie. I'm just thankful I won't be alone though going to the toilet would be a problem since it looks like something lifted directly out of a Japanese horror film. The good news is, during these duties nobody bothers us. By 1900hrs, everyone should've left and after that, WE OWN THE PLACE! Boy am I gonna bring my big ass speakers and my iPod! We're gonna bring the house down! Provided the guy I'm doing the duty with is as wild as me. And we can basically sleep early, watch a movie, talk on the phone(with SAF paying of course) or just do whatever we want as long as one of us answers the phone when it rings. That's all we're there for. I don't think it'll be too difficult to fall asleep since we'll be sleeping in an air-conditioned office with mattress, pillows and all. Well it should be pretty comfortable for me since I recently bought a pretty comfy sleeping bag for these sleep-overs I was expecting.
Well I'll talk more about my new base as I learn more about the place. For now I'm gonna go sleep. For the first time in my NSF life, I'm able to sleep at 2300hrs without feeling guilty cause I know I'll still get my 7 to 8 hours of sleep I need to function efficiently.
Still happy about the new base at 2305hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home