Watch the revs, release clutch slowly....now give it gas and we're OFF!
2238hrs: Just came home from my first driving lesson. Well, I expected to do much better but to do everything the instructor asked was a little overwhelming. If I was given the car to drive on my own, I'd be alright cause I'm confident in handling the car. But to drive while watching the tachometre, balancing the clutch, controlling the gas pedal and listening to the instructor's commands can cause an overload. And my legs and knees are now aching cause of the awkward angles I had to put them in. Somehow I think my feet(I wear a US Size 12) are too big cause my left foot kept getting caught on something whenever I depressed the clutch. How am I gonna learn to do stunts in a car with such shoddy footwork? Professional drivers have their footwork nailed down so well that they always look as if their dancing on the pedals. It was fun towards the end of the 90min lesson but I was already pretty tired towards the end. Actually I was just tired from camp cause I had to do some stuff in camp that drove me nuts. I guess another contributing factor was that I took my first driving lesson at night and in bad weather. It was drizzling and most of the time I couldn't see shit through all the condensation and distortion. It was all very disorienting. But I get another go on Saturday afternoon. I look foward to it. But for now, rest. I desperately need rest. And tomorrow my boss won't be around so I'll get to pretty much do whatever I want. Think I'll spend a few hours to sleep off the morning blues.
Still fatigued at 2253hrs
Still fatigued at 2253hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home