My Teddy Bear
2149hrs: I haven't had a teddy bear since I was 9(as far as I can remember). Actually my favourite soft toys then was a dog that looked like a cowboy and a silver/black raccoon which I liked alot. The last time I saw it was when I was 9. I've never had any soft toys ever since. I concentrated more on stuff with four wheels and some of those wheels came with remote controls. I did receive a New Zealand All Blacks Teddy Bear from my friend when he was there for a holiday. I remember giving him a weird look when he gave me the bear. haha...but I do like the bear though. It looks cool in the black polo shirt that the New Zealand rugby team wears. But sometime in 2002 I got another Teddy Bear. A big white one that resembled a polar bear. And his name was Bear(duh!).
Bear's from a pedigree breed known as Samoyed(named after the Siberian tribe that bred them). This working class breed of dogs is known to be a happy worker who carries with it the spirit of X'mas the whole year through. It's coat allows it to survive and work comfortably in temperatures way below 0 degrees Celsius(about -20 Celsius most of the time). It is a multi-purpose breed which can manage tasks from pulling sleds(which explains its strong chest & leg muscles) to herding and being a family pet. It's an all rounder breed. You could say it's a gentle giant. It'll be a failure as a guard dog but you won't have to worry about leaving kids with it.
I remember having so much fun walking Bear every evening but he was walking me most of the time cause I'll be half dragged, half-pulled by him. Bear never failed to make me laugh with the silly things he does. He's really what I want in a dog. Nobody can catch him when he runs. There was once I brought him down for a walk at night and I took him off the leash like I always do. Just as the leash was off, a cat had to appear. The silly dog bolted off into the car park after the cat in the pouring rain. I tried to catch him but I couldn't keep up. He disappeared when I got to the car park and I started a frantic search. After awhile I went back to the lift lobby and that stupid dog(that's my affectionate term for him) happily trotted up to me stinking wet and giving me that cute face. I also remember another time when I was at the park with him and there was a hyper-active Jack Russell puppy there too. So Bear ran up to the puppy and they started playing and the puppy being so small was running in between Bear's legs. Bear's paws were the size of the puppy's head and it's owner was so afraid Bear would trample on the little thing. After the both of them settled down the puppy was standing directly under Bear's tongue and looking up at it while Bear happily drooled all over the puppy....hahaha. My friend and I joked that when the puppy was walking under Bear, he probably thought "Man, mine'll never be that big"...hahaha...ok fine...lame joke but the puppy did stare at it for awhile when he was under Bear. But I do question Bear's sexual oritentation. I met another dog owner of a Golden Retriever puppy on another occasion and while I was talking to the owner about having a big dog in a small apartment when dear old Bear mounted the little puppy. I felt so embarassed while trying to get Bear off the MALE puppy. The owner commented that maybe I should find Bear a mate. But the Goldie puppy was rather submissive for a male though.
I remember the times when Bear would be resting in my room and I'll be working away on my com. And when he wanted to go for a walk he'll sit beside me and put a paw on my lap while wagging his tail. I do miss Bear. I took care of him really well. I remember using him as an extremely comfortable pillow and I always enjoyed hugging him it was like having a big white Teddy Bear. Kids always screamed "Mummy mummy, POLAR BEAR!!" whenever they saw Bear. And Bear used to attract a lot of attention and there was one morning I was surrounded by a bunch of teenage girls on their way to something. But Bear was getting most of the attention though. I do miss my furball. He was with me when I needed company most during the lowest point of my life.
I know I'll get another dog like Bear but I'd rather have Bear back. But I guess I should be happy he's living in a nice terrace house now. But I wish I still had him around.
Note: I did write a nice entry about Bear before but stupid OD wiped out everything...I lost 3 YEARS of entries. And I wrote so much about my experiences and special moments I had in my life. I still feel a little pissed about losing all my entries though. *sigh*



Bear: My little Arctic Wolf
I've always been around dogs for most of my life. I remember growing up with my cousin's pair of Silky Terriers. I thoroughly enjoyed their companionship as I was growing up. Though I wonder if they felt the same when I was chasing them around the house with my big noisy R/C car. But I've had lots of practise on caring for canines. And when Bear appeared, I was taking care of him most of the time even though I'm not his owner. His rightful owner decided that since I was doing such a good job caring for Bear, he thought it would be alright to transfer the responsiblity for Bear to me. I admit that I liked having Bear around the house and that silly dog grew on me over time. And I know the owner was making full use of my affection for Bear but I didn't mind. I had a lot of good times with that dog.
Bear's from a pedigree breed known as Samoyed(named after the Siberian tribe that bred them). This working class breed of dogs is known to be a happy worker who carries with it the spirit of X'mas the whole year through. It's coat allows it to survive and work comfortably in temperatures way below 0 degrees Celsius(about -20 Celsius most of the time). It is a multi-purpose breed which can manage tasks from pulling sleds(which explains its strong chest & leg muscles) to herding and being a family pet. It's an all rounder breed. You could say it's a gentle giant. It'll be a failure as a guard dog but you won't have to worry about leaving kids with it.
I remember having so much fun walking Bear every evening but he was walking me most of the time cause I'll be half dragged, half-pulled by him. Bear never failed to make me laugh with the silly things he does. He's really what I want in a dog. Nobody can catch him when he runs. There was once I brought him down for a walk at night and I took him off the leash like I always do. Just as the leash was off, a cat had to appear. The silly dog bolted off into the car park after the cat in the pouring rain. I tried to catch him but I couldn't keep up. He disappeared when I got to the car park and I started a frantic search. After awhile I went back to the lift lobby and that stupid dog(that's my affectionate term for him) happily trotted up to me stinking wet and giving me that cute face. I also remember another time when I was at the park with him and there was a hyper-active Jack Russell puppy there too. So Bear ran up to the puppy and they started playing and the puppy being so small was running in between Bear's legs. Bear's paws were the size of the puppy's head and it's owner was so afraid Bear would trample on the little thing. After the both of them settled down the puppy was standing directly under Bear's tongue and looking up at it while Bear happily drooled all over the puppy....hahaha. My friend and I joked that when the puppy was walking under Bear, he probably thought "Man, mine'll never be that big"...hahaha...ok fine...lame joke but the puppy did stare at it for awhile when he was under Bear. But I do question Bear's sexual oritentation. I met another dog owner of a Golden Retriever puppy on another occasion and while I was talking to the owner about having a big dog in a small apartment when dear old Bear mounted the little puppy. I felt so embarassed while trying to get Bear off the MALE puppy. The owner commented that maybe I should find Bear a mate. But the Goldie puppy was rather submissive for a male though.
I remember the times when Bear would be resting in my room and I'll be working away on my com. And when he wanted to go for a walk he'll sit beside me and put a paw on my lap while wagging his tail. I do miss Bear. I took care of him really well. I remember using him as an extremely comfortable pillow and I always enjoyed hugging him it was like having a big white Teddy Bear. Kids always screamed "Mummy mummy, POLAR BEAR!!" whenever they saw Bear. And Bear used to attract a lot of attention and there was one morning I was surrounded by a bunch of teenage girls on their way to something. But Bear was getting most of the attention though. I do miss my furball. He was with me when I needed company most during the lowest point of my life.
I know I'll get another dog like Bear but I'd rather have Bear back. But I guess I should be happy he's living in a nice terrace house now. But I wish I still had him around.
Note: I did write a nice entry about Bear before but stupid OD wiped out everything...I lost 3 YEARS of entries. And I wrote so much about my experiences and special moments I had in my life. I still feel a little pissed about losing all my entries though. *sigh*

New Year 2003

Fuzzy Wuzzy Furball

What are you looking at?

Bear Bear, Little Bear

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home