Monday, August 16, 2004

Duty is a Terrible Burden

2234hrs: Just went through a really long day which began at 0600 and is still going. Reported to my new camp this morning at 0800 but I was late. I got on the bus at 0650 and I was still late when I got there. Missed the shuttle bus but some nice corporal gave my friend and I a lift into camp. Spent 9 hours sitting on the concrete ground stoning. It was absolutely a waste of time. 9 freaking hours of my life wasted doing NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NOTHING AT ALL...just 9 hours sitting on the ground staring at eachother and spent only 30 mins filling up some forms. But other than that, NOTHING! I'm so tired that my eyes are hurting and my brain feels compressed. Looked at the food in the cookhouse this afternoon and I lost my appetite. Ate plain rice for lunch but had a feast after work at Macs cause I ate little for lunch. I'm about 40mins pass my "official" self-imposed bedtime. I've gotta reach the camp by 0730 tomorrow morning so I'll have to wake up at 0530 and be at the bus stop by 0630. Aaaaahhhh...for the sake of the Fatherland I will be losing my sleep and my intelligence further in the next 3 weeks. Duty is a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE BURDEN!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home