Friday, October 08, 2004

My Sassy Girl

2231hrs: I've just finshed watching the Korean romantic comedy 'My Sassy Girl'...FINALLY! This show was highly recommended by all my friends and I've been wanting to watch it since forever. I recently managed to get the DVD with English subtitles(since I'm illiterate in Mandarin). And well, I love the show. Great storyline, excellent script & casting a girl that's every guy's idea of a 'girl next door'. She's my idea of one anyway.

In the show a girl get's drunk on the 1st year anniversary of her boyfriend's sudden passing. This guy sees her drunk in the subway station and saves her from falling into an oncoming train. They get on the train together standing on opposite sides. The guy keeps to himself while the girl becomes a nuisance and vomits on the wig of a fellow commuter. Just before she passes out she turns to the guy and calls him "Honey". So the commuter mistakenly thought the guy was this girl's boyfriend and starts berating him about not taking proper care of his drunk girlfriend. So all of a sudden our poor chap is resposible for this very beautiful but unconcious girl who's now laying in the centre of the train. At first he decided that leaving the girl at the subway station would be enough but his conscience got the better of him. He ends up walking the streets looking for a motel with her on his back.

I wouldn't mind having a sassy girl like that. Though abusive(verbally & physically), violent, mischievous, creative and most of all, feisty, at the very least I'll know that my days with her will never be boring. I've never been intimidated by any girls before. And being with someone feisty sounds so exciting.

Fine, I still enjoy a good romantic movie now and then.


The Sassy Girl
Isn't she lovely?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home