Blood
2059hrs: I can proudly proclaim that I bled for my country last night while doing guard duty. Though not in the noble, patriotic way you might imagine. The injury is more of a testament to my clumsiness than my courage. I was heading out to the path behind the guard house that leads into the jungle when I got hit. I had to go around the guard house to get to the stairs that'll lead to the path but just as I turned a blind corner I got hit by this window pane that was unusually high. And the corner of the aluminium frame cut into the side of my head and gave me a new side burn above my ear. I gently touched the fresh wound and noticed I was bleeding quite abit. My buddy decided we should infrom the Guard Commander about my situation and well the Guard Com is a wuss. He didn't know how to deal with a cut and kept saying he doesn't like the sight of blood but thank God the Guard 2nd In Charge knew a thing or two about first aid. She started tending to me then taped me up and sent me on my merry prowling(guards are called prowlers cause we prowl...duh!) way. She was so afraid I'll scream out in pain when she was disinfecting the wound but I didn't feel a thing. She did ask me if I wanted to make a trip down to the medical centre which is a distance away. But considering I'll need to 'activate' a lotta people, I declined. If I really wanted to go, the Guard Com would've had to wake the Duty Officer, Base Orderly Sergeant, Duty Driver and a report would've had to be made. Thinking it wasn't a life threatening wound I decided not to kick up a big fuss about it. I've had much worse injuries before but anyways I guess I'm alright now just a slight pain here and there. The wound has all but clotted up. But I'll still like to highlight this point....I BLED for my country last night!
Still conflicted at 2121hrs
Still conflicted at 2121hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home