Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ta daa!

2255hrs: Yesterday was rather exciting. I was out on my usual cycling routine with Godbro and trying very hard to keep pace with him. But somewhere along Sengkang he managed to open up a huge gap on me. I guess I was too determined to catch up and when I got to a junction, I decided to 'put the pedal to the metal' so to speak. The lights were already amber when I decided to speed up and I was still about 20 metres away from the junction. And when I got to the junction......*BANG*

A grey Proton suddenly appeared and my little bike T-boned the car and had me flying off. But I landed unscathed and on my feet(I was tempted to open my arms and go 'Ta daa!') in front of the car. That's more than I can say bout my bike though. This is the 3rd time I've been thrown off my bike without any injuries. I think the high riding position has something to do with it. Still I was lucky the lights had just turned green so the cars were just starting to move off at a slow speed. The junction I was at had cars exiting the expressway. The end result could've been much much worse. I guess the adrenaline was still thick in my veins but I was smiling after I realised I was ok. The driver of the car I hit came out to see if I was ok and since his car was ok too, he drove off. I was left standing at the traffic light junction smiling to myself. But my bike took the brunt of it though. Both it's wheels were totaled but the frame itself was fine. The front wheel was so out of shape that it would've been impossible to cycle home. So I gave my bro in law a call and asked if he could pick me up.

I gave 'A' a call while waiting for my bro in law. She thought I was crazy cause I told her the accident I was just in was 'farney'. But she was kinda worried for awhile though. Guess she cares eh? Godbro was the last to find out. He gave me a call when I didn't show up at our destination after some time. Told him I was perfectly fine after my superman stunt and all. Met him for lunch today and told him all about it. Showed him the pictures of my trashed baby as well. He says I was dumb to have traded safety for speed just cause I wanted to catch up to him. I admit it was really stupid of me. I was lucky to escape without so much as a scratch and I might not be so lucky next time.

Well here's the pics of my poor baby....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The front rim took most of the damage as you can see. I suspect the axle is damaged as well and might be quite costly to replace.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Another view of the twist

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You can't really see the damage to the rear rim unless you spin the wheel. I have no idea when I'll get the wheels replaced cause it's gonna cost in upwards of $60 not including the axle replacement. *sigh*

I promise never to beat the lights on my bike again @ 2324hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home